• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Mario RPG?

Fave Mario RPG?

• Super Mario RPG (Snes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paper Mario (N64)

• Superstar Saga (GBA)

• Paper Mario 2 (GC)

• Partners in time (DS)

• Bowser's Inside Story (DS)

• Total voters
This is a topic that has been debated in many discussion forums, but I bet I can get a decent new discussion going here. :)

Personally, I would say Superstar saga, followed by Paper Mario 2. Why? They both get rid of the thing that I hate about RPGs. LvL grinding. I think how well you do in a video game should be measured by your skill and passion for the game, not how many hours you put into it.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I have to go with Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64.For some reason its my favorite out of all of them in the list.I haven't played Bowsers Inside Story yet but it does look like it would be a good game

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Defiantly the Mario & Luigi games. I've beaten all three. I love the fun stories and the cool gameplay. They were all pretty good levels on all of my games (all three.. ;P), and the times were...meh.. :sweat: I loved the final bosses for all of the games, and by gosh the final boss for the first one was hard! Hardest boss I've ever fought in a game. That made me favour the game a lot. I loved having Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in the second one. It was so weird played that after playing the first one, but still really fun. Being Bowser in the third one was just amazing, and I loved the little games you got to play as Mario and Luigi when you were inside Bowser. They were so fun. And being Giant Bowser was amazing. Fighting like that made the game much funner.

I hope they come out with a fourth one...and soon. D:

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door has to come second. I haven't beaten it yet, but I'm currently working on it and I love it. It's really fun being paper, and it's interesting that you get to walk around as Peach and Bowser for a while. I love the abilities that Mario can do, such as turning into a paper airplane. It's really cool. Mario's partners are pretty interesting, too. I love the Yoshi so much. He's so adorable. I...named him Link. xD I'm enjoying this game a lot. :P

Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door is my favorite one. I like the Mario & Luigi series and I've played all of them except Bowser's Inside Story, but I just don't like having to Level up just to get a good attack and defense strength.

C

celibi88

paper mario 2 all the way only problem is the final boss she is no pushover X(

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I have to go with Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. It set the tone for future Mario RPGs and showed the world that a side scrolling character can work perfectly in a 3Dish world where you don't just jump on enemies to kill them. It was an amazing game.

It had a great story to it. Bowser kidnaps Peach. Mario sets off to save her and does, but just then an alien sword thingy attacks Bowser's castle causing havoc and separating Mario, Peach and Bowser. Mario sets off to find Peach and Bowser allies with him along the way and they eventually find Peach but stumble on to a bigger problem, Smithy, an evil creature trying to take over the Mushroom Kingdom. The Seven Stars must be collected in order to stop Smithy and his gang. Mario beats him and saves the Kingdom.

It was an epic game with a pretty in depth customization of characters (you could buy new weapons, clothes, accessories to wear that had different effects) and there were multiple characters to choose different combinations of fighters.

I loved it. The new games are awesome but I don't think they would even exist if it wasn't for the greatness and the success of Mario RPG for SNES.

F

Forsaken

Paper Mario (64) is arguably the best 3D/new generation Mario rpg of all.
I was really little when I played it, and I ended up loving it. Even though it was a bit complicated for a child(at least for a 7/9 year old non-english-speaking one).
It's an unique game, with unique characters and nice puzzles.

Steve

5/19/13
The original, Legend of the Seven Stars, will always be my favorite. Not only did it inspire the future spin-offs, but had one of the most original settings of any Mario game. Besides the original Paper Mario, it is the only one I still play to this day. I will say, though, I was deeply impressed with Bowser's Inside Story.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've only ever played Super Mario RPG and the original Paper Mario, and I'm going to have to say that Paper Mario was my perfered game. I honestly didn't care for SMRPG, which is strange, because I love Mario and I love RPGs.
While it's been years since I played PM, and I can't remember all too much about it, I can remember that it was a fun game, that was different from what I was used to. I've considered getting it for VC, although I haven't yet.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I still think that Super Mario RPG is super. ^_^

The Paper Mario series is good, but none of them are quite as long or involved as Super Mario RPG. Then again, I haven't seen many games along the lines of old SNES RPGs aside from Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Linkette

Heroine of Time
I enjoyed M&L Partners in Time but Bowser's Inside Story was my favourite. I loved playing as Bowser (favourite Mario character) and those puzzles. It didn't have a lot of them but they were decent. The minigames were amazing and the touch/blow controls seemed perfect. I think it's the best Mario game ever. I'm thinking of getting Paper Mario though. It looks cool.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I voted for paper mario because that is the only game from the list I played. I didn't even get to play the second paper mario game, the 1000 year old door, which I really wanted to. I guess other console games got my attention.

Super Mario RPG is my favorite game of all time. It was the first Mario game to have a real story. Plus it gave the characters personalities. It also has a very good soundtrack.
I'd love to see Nintendo and Square work together to make a sequel.

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
It has been so evident in the past 10 years or so but older games are just soo much better and more original. I dont see why so many game developers just go back to making games with the same quality that they used back in the 1980's and 1990's. Mario RPG is such a good game!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom