• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's your favorite forgotten older game?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I always really liked Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, I don't think it got the praise it deserved, and I wish it had gotten a sequel. I also really enjoyed the Tak trilogy, I assume it was decently popular because it sparked two sequels and a TV show, but they aren't really talked about anymore.
it got an HD re-release not too long ago at least

Maybe Advance Wars? But I don't know if it's forgotten quite yet. There is still quite a following clamoring for a few one. That said, it has been over a decade since the latest entry. If I had to pick one game from the series, it would have to be Days of Ruin. The darker tone was polarizing, and I don't hear many people bring that one up compared to the older entries.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Jet Force Gemini. I had this game as a kid and while I never got very far in it I remember having a lot of fun with the little I actually did play of it. It doesn't seem like a game that very many people are aware of. I know the game received a fairly warm reception, so it's a shame that most people seem to have forgotten about it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Definitely Alpha Protocol.

It skirts on the edge of being "old", but it's 2021 and I consider a game released in 2010 to be old. It was a cool RPG that shamed games like Mass Effect with its branching choices and narrative, but it sold poorly, divided critics, and was later made unavailable on everyone's favorite DRM Steam due to expired music rights. Unfortunately, it's largely forgotten.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Jet Force Gemini. I had this game as a kid and while I never got very far in it I remember having a lot of fun with the little I actually did play of it. It doesn't seem like a game that very many people are aware of. I know the game received a fairly warm reception, so it's a shame that most people seem to have forgotten about it.
I remember that!! With the roboty doggie!?!

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Back when we had a Windows 95 computer when I was quite young I always used to love playing a puzzle game called "Chip's Challenge", to be honest I haven't thought about it in a while but I guess that makes it a forgotten older game.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
A DS game from like 2009 called Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure. It's a platformer where you fight enemies in a Mega Man Zero style -you can shoot in front of you and have a sword, or rather cane- on the top screen, and enemies you beat get thrown down to the bottom screen where they become puzzle pieces, which you disappear in a match 3 game.

Wario World for gamecube, which I remember for having creepy enemies sometimes. Also this annoying but still relatively unique minigame you had to play every time you fell down a pit.

And maybe Mega Man Network Transmission for Gamecube. To be honest, I remember this one being kind of wonky but it has some really nice music.

Kirino

Tatakae
Lock's Quest, a DS game from 2008. It's basically a strategy and tower defense game: your character moves around the map trying to defend a location, and your time is divided between building defensive structures and devices, repairing ones being attacked, and fighting the enemies yourself. It's decently difficult and strategic, especially since you can only be in one place at once and therefore have to use your time well. As far as I can tell, the game got little attention and not many people have played it, but I loved it as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom