• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Classical Pieces or Composers?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I love classical music, and for those of you that enjoy classical music too, what are some of your favorite pieces and composers?

I'll say that my favorites are a toss up between three:
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
  • Johann Sebastian Bach.
  • Franz Liszt.
Mostly I love Mozart's symphonies and operas, Bach's organ pieces, which are amazing, and Franz Liszt never ceases to amaze me with his playing.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I could afford to listen to more, but Beethoven is nice. Four Seasons is another good one, and I've been listening to the Can Can lately.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I love classical music, and for those of you that enjoy classical music too, what are some of your favorite pieces and composers?

I'll say that my favorites are a toss up between three:
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
  • Johann Sebastian Bach.
  • Franz Liszt.
Technically Speaking Bach is not a classical composer he's a baroque composer, Liszt isn't also classical he's considered romanticism, the only true classical composer is Mozart, although his style would become more mainstream under his musical successor Franz Joseph Haydn since Mozart died tragically young. I have to admit those historical musicology classes I took really come in handy. As far as real classical composers I definitely love Haydn, but I really love William Herschel. Interestingly enough William Herschel is better known for his contributions to astronomy than music because he is best known for discovering the planet Uranus.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Technically Speaking Bach is not a classical composer he's a baroque composer, Liszt isn't also classical he's considered romanticism, the only true classical composer is Mozart, although his style would become more mainstream under his musical successor Franz Joseph Haydn since Mozart died tragically young. I have to admit those historical musicology classes I took really come in handy. As far as real classical composers I definitely love Haydn, but I really love William Herschel. Interestingly enough William Herschel is better known for his contributions to astronomy than music because he is best known for discovering the planet Uranus.

Well aware, but I'm not going to call them "Composers of Western Art Music from the Common-Practice Period" because it's generally understood amongst laypeople that when I say classical music, it's referring specifically to Western classical music as a whole, including stuff from the Common-Practice Period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom