• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Cartoon?

N

Ness199X

I was just curious as to what everyone's favorite cartoons are. So, do you have one or you do not?

The Powerpuff Girls and My Life as a Teenage Robot are definitely my favorites and the new My Little Pony show is getting to be a favorite as well.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well this is hard. I enjoy watching cartoons such as The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Beavis and Butt-Head, Looney Tunes, Phineas and Ferb, and whatnot. You know, shows that aren't one giant plot just episodes that follow the same formula that make you laugh your a** off. But ultimately I love cartoons with heavy story and action. So I'm torn between Batman The Animated Series a huge classic that made history for Batman or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the 2003 Series. Both shows were very dark had action and were heavy on story.

Batman on one hand was a very dark show with amazing story telling, fantastic voice work, great characters, a very unique and gritty style, and amazing music. The show changed later on for it's final season which then introduced a new simple art style, a new Robin, an a lighter tone. What this show did for Batman was beyond amazing. It introduced Harley Quin into the DC universe, gave Mr Freeze and amazing new touching origin, and most importantly gave Batman and Joker voices that would be used for years to come. This show is just simply a classic.

TMNT took more to the original comics but was original enough to stand out as a whole new TMNT universe. Although the show was dark it had it's fair share of light hearted moments. They also added episodes that took a break from the ultimate plot but was later important in future episodes. So it definitely had great story telling. The show got darker each season to the point where they had to stop production on an episode and not even air one. Character development was also very important and the show had some of the best action scenes in a cartoon. It also introduced some new characters that are now popular by the fans like Bishop and Hun. The music was alright and really fitting with it's edgy style. The show also did offer some great voice over work. Then it took some wrong turns and changed two times for it's last two seasons. It was still enjoyable and watchable but nothing great. Overall, it's my favorite TMNT incarnation.

I don't know, I think it's a tie.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It's a tie between Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Avatar: Last Airbender

I love animation.

Simpsons
Futurama
TMNT
Masters of the Universe
Legend of Zelda
Mario Bros (yeah its a guilty pleasure)
Metalocalypse
Batman TAS
Justice League
Avengers

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Batman [...] was a very dark show with amazing story telling, fantastic voice work, great characters, a very unique and gritty style, and amazing music. The show changed later on for it's final season which then introduced a new simple art style, a new Robin, and a lighter tone. Fantastic show. What this show did for Batman was beyond amazing. It introduced Harley Quin into the DC universe, gave Mr Freeze and amazing new touching origin, and most importantly gave Batman and Joker voices that would be used for years to come.
I concur. Batman: The Animated Series has got to be the best cartoon of my childhood, especially the earlier seasons.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
To be honest I don't really watch Tv That much but when I do watch cartoons I usually watch either The Simpsons or Family Guy. Both great shows really get me laughing XD

I don't watch as many cartoons as I used to, mainly because I don't watch that much t.v anymore, but here are my favorites that I adore.
The Boondocks(favorite show)
Black Dynamite
Invader Zim
Classic Disney
Symbiotic Titan
The Batman
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Dexter's Lab
Johnny Bravo
Rocko's Modern Life
Scooby Doo
Looney Tunes
Samurai Jack
Popeye
Tom and Jerry
Courage the Cowardly Dog
PowerPuffGirls
Teen Titans
Anime in general
other cartoons that I can't remember...

Last edited:
If this is just cartoons from childhood and not anime, then it would HAVE to be Batman: The Animated Series and Hey Arnold. I mean....batman was just so epic in every sort of way, and Hey Arnold was just very well writen and i can still watch it too this day and enjoy it. I cant say that for alot of my other shows i loved as a kid like doug (which is still darn good), rugrats, or the milion other ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom