• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Anime?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh my goodness....so I just finished the last episode of Sword Art Online and I have to say that it is definitely a contender for one of my favorite anime. 25 episodes of gut-wrenching awesomeness, and there's no filler whatsoever! I love it all, and Episode 25 almost brought a tear to my eye even though the entire plot was rather cliche! <3

Well, my all time favorite is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Seriously, there is not a single point in that series that isn't mind-blowing. Some other favorites of mine, all very close to contending with GitS, include Cowboy Bebop, Paranoia Agent, Steins;Gate, Death Note, and Eden of the East. Seriously, all of those shows, soul-crushingly awesome.

Fate/Zero is my favorite anime, and probably one of the best anime in general. The story is rich in character development and tragic twists. The animation is some of the highest-quality in history, and the music is superb. My previous favorite anime was Puella Magi Madoka Magica, a deceptively dark anime written by the same guy who wrote Fate/Zero. I would highly recommend fans of darker-themed stories to check out both of these titles.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Not gonna lie, Durarara!! is quite possibly the best anime ever made. If you can handle swearing and violence, then you'll end up loving it. Another good anime I like is Lucky Star. :D

inb4 Sword Art Online

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
First of all, the plural form of anime is still "anime". Second, yes, I do know plenty of good ones.

Sword Art Online
Story Summary said:
In the near future, a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) called Sword Art Online has been released where players control their avatars with their bodies using a piece of technology called Nerve Gear. One day, players discover they cannot log out, as the game creator is holding them captive unless they reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if they die in the game, they die in real life. Their struggle for survival starts now...

Fairy Tail
Story Summary said:
Set in an imaginary world, Earthland, there exists a Wizard Guild called "Fairy Tail". Fairy Tail is stationed in the town Magnolia, residing in the Kingdom of Fiore, and is currently governed by Makarov, Guild's master. Lucy Heartfilia, a 17-year-old girl, wishes to become a full-fledged wizard and join one of the most prestigious Wizard Guilds in the world, Fairy Tail. One day, out of pure coincidence, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a boy who is transportation-sick, but very cheerful in nature. However, the thing she does not know is that Natsu is the closest connection to Fairy Tail, as he is a Wizard in Fairy Tail.

Hyouka
Story Summary said:
Oreki Houtarou is a minimalistic high school boy. One day, he joins the Classic Literature Club at his elder sister's request.

There he meets Chitanda Eru, Fukube Satoshi, and Ibara Mayaka. Chitanda is a calm beautiful girl but she turns into an embodiment of curiosity once she says, "I'm curious". Fukube is a smiling boy with a fantastic memory who calls himself a database. Ibara is a short girl and is strict with others and herself. She loves Fukube, but he always dodges her approaches. They begin to investigate a case that occurred 45 years ago. Hints of the mystery are buried in an old collection of works of the former members of Classics Club. The collection is titled "Hyouka".

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai!
Story Summary said:
Yuuta Togashi suffered from eighth-grader syndrome while he was in middle school. When he graduated, he put that dark history behind him and forgot about it... or he was supposed to. High school was smooth sailing and full of enjoyment—until the unavoidable, sad event occurs. The event that locks Yuuta into a "contract" with Rikka Takanashi and disrupts his desperately ordinary life.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Story Summary said:
This is the story of the Joestar family, and their battles against bizarre enemies. Jonathan Joestar's battle against the vampire Dio Brando starts it all, and it continues into roughly each second generation of Joestars through all parts of the story.

Arcana Famiglia
Story Summary said:
The Arcana Famiglia is a powerful organization that keeps the peace on the trading island of Regalo. The most unique trait of this prestigious "family" is their mastery of the Arcana - mystical powers derived from tarot cards. The current leader of the Arcana Famiglia, Mondo, wishes to choose a successor through a tournament called the Arcana Duello, and as added incentive, the winner will take the hand of Mondo's daughter, Felicita. However, two young men among the family - impetuous Liberta and serious-minded Nova - are more interested in protecting Felicita's freedom than letting her be someone's trophy wife. Together, Liberta, Nova and Felicita get to know each other better ... but with Felicita's ability to read minds, she may discover more than she bargained for in Liberta's violent past and Nova's troubled family history. Can the trio remain friends, or will the growing tension between them be too much to bear?

Durarara!!
Story Summary said:
In Tokyo's downtown district of Ikebukuro, amidst many strange rumors and warnings of anonymous gangs and dangerous occupants, one urban legend stands out above the rest – the existence of a headless “Black Rider” who is said to be seen driving a jet-black motorcycle through the city streets. Ryuugamine Mikado has always longed for the excitement of the city life, and an invitation from a childhood friend convinces him to move to Tokyo. Witnessing the Black Rider on his first day in the city, his wishes already seem to have been granted. But as supernatural events begin to occur, ordinary citizens like himself, along with Ikebukuro's most colorful inhabitants, are mixed up in the commotion breaking out in their city.

Baccano!
Story Summary said:
During the late 1930s in Chicago, the transcontinental train, Flying Pussyfoot, is starting its legendary journey that will leave a trail of blood all over the country. At the same time in New York, the ambitious scientist Szilard and his unwilling aide Ennis, are looking for missing bottles of the immortality elixir. In addition, a war between the mafia groups is getting worse. On board the Advena Avis, in 1711, alchemists are about to learn the price of immortality.

Based on the award winning light novels of the same name, this anime adaptation follows several events that initially seem unrelated, both in time and place, but are part of a much bigger story - one of alchemy, survival and immortality. Merging these events together are the kindhearted would-be thieves, Isaac and Miria, connecting various people, all of them with their own hidden ambitions and agendas, and creating lifelong bonds and consequences for everyone involved.

Kybyrian

Actually, I do know a few goods ones that are currently running.

I really like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I look forward to it every Saturday.

Along with that, Psycho-Pass and Robotics;Notes are extremely good. Sakurasou too.

As for anime that have already finished running, I have a few of those too.

Chuunibyou
Fate/Stay Night
Fate/Zero
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Infinite Stratos
K
Lucky Star
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Steins;Gate
Suki tte ii na yo
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Guilty Crown
Bleach
Fate Zero
A Certain Magical Index
Sword Art Online
Death Note
Hyouka
Angel Beats
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Blue Exorcist

LANZZ

Scarecrow
If you prefer long anime, watch Fairy Tail or One Piece...

If you prefer short anime (<100 episodes), i suggest Natsume Yuujinchou, Nodame Cantabile, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Canaan, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai/ Next, and The Legend of Legendary Heroes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom