• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Anime/Manga?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Death Note is probably my all time favourite. It's dark but not too dark, so it has a kind of mysterious atmosphere to it. Also, the characters are all ace, they all have interesting personalities and traits as well as what happens to them. The story is brilliant, they created such a cool idea and world and showed how emotion can sometimes get the better of you. Then the whole storyline with L was absolutely brilliant, the deducting skills were so good they were almost hard to catch up with. Some people disagree with what happened but I thought everything was done really well. The Shinigami world was such a cool idea, it really intrigued people as well. The rules of the Death Note are great because people can learn them and it's something you can learn about and explore possibilities with because it's a whole different world and idea. It's unique and it really shows a very realistic situation where the good guys don't always win. Obviously in Death Note they do but through a much more real story and struggle. I love how you end up on the edge of your seat with anticipation, each person learns to love a different character and wants them to win, which is really fun to watch. Plus both the English Sub and Dub are excellent. The other great thing about it, it's not very predictable, it's quite hard to see certain events coming. So overall, that's my favourite.

Angel Beats and Clannad are close second. Angel Beats is a short anime, but that doesn't make is any less brilliant. The world isn't as original, but the story line really is. It's a great idea and it has a lot of emotion behind it. The characters are all really likeable and you can often empathise with them too. It's also action packed, lots of cool fights and the descent to the underground base (Guild) is so funny to watch as they can't die in that world but so many of them 'die' via traps. It really is a shame Angel Beats isn't very widely known, that's probably because it's a relatively new anime that doesn't have a manga yet either. The characters are great, though and each one has an interesting, individual story as to how they died and why they are in this world rebelling against the God letting them disappear. (You have to watch it to understand.) But the anime has everything, action, humour, drama, romance. Which is what makes it great.

Clannad is also one of my favourites, probably because I quite like sad, soppy things from time to time. The Afterstory is almost painful to watch because of the sadness but luckily the end made me breath a sigh of relief and the ending is absolutely brilliant. The storyline is cute and fun to follow but the ending links in with everything and makes you go "Ohhhhhh...." I loved the characters from that anime, it was really funny too. It really makes you reflect on life more and think about the people around you. What I also loved about Clannad is that it followed one main storyline in the background if you like, but then a lot more smaller stories throughout the anime. It introduces you deeply to each character so that you really want to sympathise and get to know the character. There's a lot of humour in that anime too, as well as romance and just life really. There are some pretty big things that happen in Clannad, but if you can handle the weepy moments it is great.

Hetalia is excellent for short bursts of comedy. Each episode is only 5 minutes long and despite what you might think it is still great. It takes every historical event, and every country's stereotypes and turns them into anime characters getting into various trouble with each other that reflects real history. It's just laugh out loud funny and the stereotypes really made me giggle, the characters are really well done. I actually prefer the English Dub of this series, purely because in the dub you can hear the accents of each country, which just makes it even more funny.

Song of Storms

Blow Curses Away
HIGURASHI FTW!!!! and don't forget death note!​

I Also Love Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion seasons 1 and 2.And my favorite was Shakugan no Shana :P:P:P:P:P

Volvagia

Gentlemanly Lava Dragon
Naruto Shippuden and One Piece are my favorite TV shows ever, and I also really like the manga. That being said, I am still sort of new to the whole Anime/Manga thing.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I don't watch much anime, but my friend said that Lucky Star is good, and I didn't know what it was. I watched the first episode and was like. Wah...? o_O THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW THEY EAT STRABERRY SHORTCAKE!!! I MEAN WHAT THE HELL? But since then I have watched many episodes (well, about 5 more) and they captivate me slightly... dunno why. There's another one I'm gonna watch after, but I forgot what it's called...

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
My favorite anime in no particular order:

Air (Huge KEY fan, they move me to tears)
Kanon (Again, huge KEY fan)
Princess Tutu (seriously underrated series, despite the name)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (also huge SHAFT fan)
Galaxy Angel (hilarious)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (probably the only more mainstream anime that's high on my list)
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok (very good...wish it was longer)
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (bloody/dark but a masterpiece)
Pandora Hearts (simply spectacular)

Favorite Manga:

Pita-Ten (one of my first manga, moved me to tears)
Gakuen Alice (another spectacular series)
Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna (underrated masterpiece)
Pandora Hearts (even more superb than the anime)
Monster Princess (It's a good series...I've cosplayed as the protagonist)
Matantei Loki Ragnarok (just like the anime, wish it was longer)
Beauty Pop (I liked the message)
The Prince of Tennis (It's so exaggerated, but awesome!)
Chobits (touching)
Love Hina (hilarious)

Yeah....my favorites are mostly obscure stuff no one's probably ever heard of :sweat: I've seen a lot of anime....there was a time when I would watch almost anything. However, I've become very pick over the years about what I'm willing to invest time in watching.

The following anime are amongst my favorites:
1. Shakugan no Shana
2. Fate/Stay Night
3. Hayate no Gotoku
4. Zero no Tsukaima
5. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
6. Lucky Star

As far as manga, I only own two series, and those would be Negima! and Fate/Stay Night.

I tend not to watch anything that comes out in America, like Naruto, Bleach, etc, so that is the reason why my favorite shows are those listed above.

You have quite a nice list there. Shakugan no Shana is very good, same with Fate/Stay Night, though I've heard the Visual Novel that the anime was based upon is actually far superior to the anime. I haven't seen Hayate no Gotoku, unfortunately. Zero no Tsukaima I personally wouldn't say is of the same caliber as the other anime you mentioned. Suzumiya Haruhi is very good, but I think it's too popular. Lucky Star is cute :3 Negima! is quite good, despite Ken Akamatsu's obsession with fanservice :P

Also, I'm like you. I tend to avoid the most mainstream of titles. I haven't seen Naruto or Bleach or One Piece (though I've actually heard that One Piece does have quality).

Last edited:

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I'm one of these Evangelion fanatics. Love the series, the movies, the new movies and the manga. It's a modern classic. In my Opinion, one of the most brilliant anime ever created.

I really dislike these Ecchi and Moe stuff. I don't like Lucky Star and K On. So it's hard to choose one of the modern Anime and Manga. Love Every work of Satoshi Kon (R.I.P.), Death Note, Cowboy Bebop and Haruhi Suzumiya (anime and Light Novels). And one of the most epic manga for me is Berserk.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Oh my favorite Manga has to be Kingdom Hearts 2 and Legend of Zelda:Oracle of Ages those two have to cool because well they make the game more interesting

Well for my Amine Naurto and Pokemon they are both funny and awesome in different ways

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom