• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's your favorite 'Alternative World' of the series?

Your favorite 'dark world'

• Dark World (A Link To The Past)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 7 Years Later (Ocarina of Time)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Twilight Realm (Twilight Princess)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Lorule (A Link Between Worlds)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Past (Oracle of Ages)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
The 'Dark World', or alternative world, is a staple in Zelda, that has been a recurring theme of the series since it's first debut in A Link to the Past. These are worlds that you can either freely traverse between, or that you step in and out of over the course of the plot, and they are often an alternative, 'darker' or more twisted version of the current, original world.

Which one is your favorite?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I was torn between ALttP's Dark World or OaA's Past.

I do love how much the world changes between OoA's Past and Present. It feels like a new world, but is familiar enough to still be navigable and to have many moments of wonder as you see things that no longer exist but people tell stories about, or things that are just forming that you know well in the Present. It was a great way to use time travel, I think, and it makes the game really interesting.

But I had to go with ALttP's Dark World. ALttP was my first video game, and I thought Agahnim was the final boss. Beating him after so much effort only to be dragged into another world, one filled with more mysteries, more danger, and a lot more adventure was mind-blowing. The Dark World always felt like a scary, dangerous place where I didn't belong and it really hammered home to me that I had to stop whatever ruled this place from reaching Hyrule. Anything seemed possible in the Dark World. Trees talk or shoot bombs. Some people are weird creatures, like a ball, or a hand, or a little devil thing. There were so many dungeons and so many secrets. It was incredible.

7 years later in OoT for me.

I was invested in the world and seeing it changed was amazing to me at such a young age.

I could say ALttP's Dark World, which was good too, but the alternate world angle didn't have as much clout as OoT's way of doing things.

Hmm. I'm torn between 7 Years Later and The Past. The Dark World in LttP (which the Past from OoA compares to) is cool to progress through, but some of the overworld enemies are a bit too annoying for it to be my favorite.

Last edited:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
OoA's past for me, for most of the reasons Cfrock said. It felt familiar enough to be the same world but still presented something new. I also loved all the characters of the past and the relationship the past has with the present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom