• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite 2D Zelda Game?

What's your favorite 2D Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Oracle of Ages/Seasons

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Total voters
I am really curious to see what is everyone's favorite 2D Zelda game. I asked this question, because the vast majority of people's favorite Zelda games are the 3D ones so I wanted more variety. The choices are: The Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Four Swords, Minish Cap, and Four Swords Adventures. Comment Away!

Mine is a tie between Minish Cap and A Link to the Past.
Minish Cap is so much fun, it has very well designed and interesting dungeons. It holds a dear spot in my heart, and I love everything about it (:
A Link to the Past is just a super fun game and I LOVE Turtle Rock. It has really cool music too.

Of the two, I'd have to go with Minish Cap. I'm not sure why I love it so much, I just do.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It's a difficult decision between A Link To The Past and The Minish Cap.

A Link To The Past was the first video game I ever played and is a spectacularly well designed game. I can play it even 17 years later and still find immense joy in it.

The Minish Cap is easily one of the best Zelda's ever made. Wonderfully designed, an amazing soundtrack, brilliant characters and I truly loved the whole Four Sword mechanic.

It's a really tough decision but The Minish Cap just edges out ahad with A Link To The Past right on its heels.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Link to the Past, no question. It revolutionised the entire series and is difficult to play through every time. It is easily the most endearing of the 2D games.

I always liked links awakening and minish cap. Story in awakening i thought was actually really good and gameplay on the GB was absolutly the best for its time. Think im gona go with links awakening!

Mine is a pretty tight quadrangle between Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past, Minish Cap, and Phantom Hourglass. But after much thought and strife and so-forth, I have decided to go with Link's Awakening. Better luck next time, other mind-blowing 2D Zelda titles. Just wasn't your year.

EDIT: I just realized this poll doesn't count the DS titles. I've always considered them 2D, but whatever...
So I guess it was just a triangle, then.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Dfinitely A Link to the Past. I love this game. I also love the Minish Cap, but I think ALttP has a better soundtrack, better story, and better atmosphere for the game

Of all the 2D Zelda games the mining cap is the best,for the GBA technology this was perfect.I really want they add this game to the 3DS e-shop.....

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Ooh. It's an extremely close tie between Legend of Zelda and Link's Awakening. I love Legend of Zelda's exploration and originality, but Link's Awakening...

...I finally went with Link's Awakening on the poll, simply because I believe it has one of the best storylines in the whole series and the music is fantastic. Ballad of the Wind Fish especially.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
A Link to the Past wins easy. I haven't beaten Minish Cap yet, and I don't plan to. Link's Awkening is fun and very light hearted, but I really don't like it that much. The Oracle games are handheld at it's best. No other game, other than ALttP GBA, can even touch them. I haven't yet played Four Swords Adventures and it looks like alot of fun. Overall, A Link to the Past is just gaming perfection.

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap is my favorite @D Zelda game. Anyone who has played the game knows why it is fantastic. Vaati is such a dynamic and cunning villain, Ezlo is a hilarious companion, the character models are all cute and cuddly, and the ability to change sizes is one of the most unique additions to any game in the franchise. I do feel rather guilty for not beating the game in its entirety though. Time to get to work! A Link to the Past comes in a close second due to its plethora of dungeons and difficult albeit fair difficulty and unique twist with the Light ad Dark Worlds.

Mine is a pretty tight quadrangle between Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past, Minish Cap, and Phantom Hourglass. But after much thought and strife and so-forth, I have decided to go with Link's Awakening. Better luck next time, other mind-blowing 2D Zelda titles. Just wasn't your year.

EDIT: I just realized this poll doesn't count the DS titles. I've always considered them 2D, but whatever...
So I guess it was just a triangle, then.

Yeah I was thinking about adding those games too, but I think they are more of a 2.5D if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom