• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past What's YOUR Death Count?

A

abazeldafan

FOR THE FIRST TIME I FINISHED ALTTP I DIED LIKE 85/90 TIMES IM SAD ABOUT THAT

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
I couldn't really say for certain what my death counts have been in any Zelda games, since I have been known to both reboot the system after a death (to redo the part I died in without increasing my death count) and frequently make new save files (thereby deleting older ones). The situation is complicated more by the fact that I made extensive use of guides for my first three Zeldas: Link's Awakening DX, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. I've memorized almost everything about them due to the guides. However, since those three games, I've only used outside assistance when I'm hopelessly stumped, which happens, but not often.

What I can say is that after having played LA and the Oracles prior to ALttP (GBA), I found the latter incredibly, frustratingly difficult, and I did die a handful of times (my guess would be quite a bit less than 20 at maximum, but my aforementioned habits don't make even guessing easy). It took years before I came to like it, and in fact, I'm only now at the point where I can greatly appreciate it. Part of my appreciation probably has something to do with the fact that Zeldas first released after the Oracles have been predominantly way too easy, mostly in terms of combat, which is one of my favorite gameplay elements, and ALttP provides difficulty, if nothing else.

Anyway, with the possible exception of ALttP, I don't think my death rate has ever reached the double digits in any Zelda game. I most likely had 2 or fewer at maximum for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and even that number seems high for those two games.

No double digits,not even on Zelda II?

K

kSwiss

I'm playing through the game for my first time, and let's just say that my death count is...TERRIBLE. I've probably died a good like 30-50 times and I just got the master sword. Not to sure how much of the game is left, but I go insane every time I die.

For A Link to the Past... less then 10, for OoT, maybe 3 and those were a fluke due to minor control issues, Never in WW and once in TP due to control error in the Goron Mines, stupid lava. It's been too long since Link's Awakening... I can't remember but I'm sure that number reaches about 10. And I never got to finish the Oracle games either. For the original Zelda... I can't remember that one either since I played through only once quite a long time ago. And FSA was also a none.

I think I had over 100 in my first play-through, but I used it for teleporting and regaining life etc, plus teasing cuckoos is just too much fun :P

N

NewBuddyFriend

Just finished ALttP my death count was 26 at first I was a bit disappointed but, in retrospect I'm quite proud. In LoZ it was 4 and the AoL it was 49.

~SkullKid~

~Mazuke~
Since were talking about death counts I'll do all of mine.
LoZ: 64
AoL: 14
LTTP: 26
LA: 0
OoT: 1 (curse Dark Link)
MM:6
OoS and OoA: Never Played
WW: 1
TP: Over 100 (Hey, it was my first Zelda Game)

Well there's my Death counts.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I can't remember! I think it's like 84 or something? Over half of them were from the miniboss in the second Dark World dungeon.

And in FSA it's probably close to 500 or so. Solely because the way me and my friends play that game is to continually throw somebody into lava if they annoy you. Then, that next person would obviously throw you into lava continuously. Occasionally, someone will kill someone else solely to steal their force gems, and when this happens, we often go back and forth taking and taking back our force gems until the other two players pick us up and carry us to the exit door. Yeah.

lol, what a noob, you died 46 times :D

Sorry I just had to do it ;) I'm only kidding though :P

Congrats on beating it! What did you think? You get emotional at the end knowing one of the greatest adventures you can experience ended? I know I do every time I beat it and hear the ending songs....

Right now, my count is 9 but I've had more.... just don't have those saved anymore and don't remember my highest but it could have been around 20....

lol, is that what it is? in that case on my first file i died 420 times. LOL bro, i suck balls. but i have beaten aol and castlevania 3, ninja gaiden, and metroid on nes, so im not a complete failure :/
on my most recent file i only died 18 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom