• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past What's YOUR Death Count?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
When I first played A Link to the Past, I was still a little boy, so I must have died between 75 - 100 deaths. Of course, A Link to the Past requires a lot of exploration of the overworld, and the plentiful enemies in the dungeons are the ones that made me die many times. Not to mention the bosses, I must have died like 10 times on each boss. But on my latest run of A Link to the Past, I recall the death count being around 10-15, which is a great improvement, because of course, I am now used to the game.

TwilightMaster7

~Master of Twilight~
37, I believe. ALttP was a rough game at times, especially since Nintendo was in their phase of "let's make dungeons that don't require you go to every room, just to confuse players" design.
I got 36 deaths in my first game and that's not good for me, I have restarted to try and make it lower or zero deaths.

Just on the same subject but for a different game, I have only died 4 times in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time... :D

Rytex

Resident Netizen
First game, 574. Over 300 of those were on the Palace of Darkness, when I kept getting run into by the Helmasaur King.

Now, zero. I haven't died ever since my second playthrough of it because that was when I finally got every enemy's attack pattern and such.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i've only played it once and my death count wasn't that high but a lot of the time if i died i reset so it was probably double whatever it ended up being

DekuMan414

TwentyThree is Number One
please don't call me an über noob, but the first and only time i played i got 83:(. I know it's so sad. That game was very hard for me.

Finished it for the first time ever today. 123 plays. Is that good, or bad, or average? I blame the flawed graphics ;)

Z

ZombieCucco

I couldn't really say for certain what my death counts have been in any Zelda games, since I have been known to both reboot the system after a death (to redo the part I died in without increasing my death count) and frequently make new save files (thereby deleting older ones). The situation is complicated more by the fact that I made extensive use of guides for my first three Zeldas: Link's Awakening DX, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. I've memorized almost everything about them due to the guides. However, since those three games, I've only used outside assistance when I'm hopelessly stumped, which happens, but not often.

What I can say is that after having played LA and the Oracles prior to ALttP (GBA), I found the latter incredibly, frustratingly difficult, and I did die a handful of times (my guess would be quite a bit less than 20 at maximum, but my aforementioned habits don't make even guessing easy). It took years before I came to like it, and in fact, I'm only now at the point where I can greatly appreciate it. Part of my appreciation probably has something to do with the fact that Zeldas first released after the Oracles have been predominantly way too easy, mostly in terms of combat, which is one of my favorite gameplay elements, and ALttP provides difficulty, if nothing else.

Anyway, with the possible exception of ALttP, I don't think my death rate has ever reached the double digits in any Zelda game. I most likely had 2 or fewer at maximum for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and even that number seems high for those two games.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
My first playthrough: 999+. Once I hit the Dark World, the difficulty must have been taken up to eleven. I died 500 times on the Palace of Darkness alone.
Every playthrough since: None. I got good at the game.

I know it's unrelated, but I have finished the windwaker twice and never even died once. I don't know what it looks like to die lol I may have to youtube search it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom