• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past What's YOUR Death Count?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I own A Link to the Past on the GameBoy Advance, the controls are a bit simplified. However, it was one of my first two dimensional titles, so it took some skill. That said, my death count was 145 upon my first run. I'm working on a second run of the game, and I've seen quite a few deaths in it.

Sadly, that isn't my highest. My highest in Legend of Zelda, and that's 203, and the game isn't even finished yet.

L

linkofthepast

me the first time 254

my friend 018 NO KIDDING all only in the dark world

The annoying thing about A Link to the Past is the count goes up 1 for every time you save the game (at least in the SNES version, not 100% sure about the GBA version). So the number is never accurate.

My first time playing through the game my count was probably close to 100, if not higher. This was during a time where online walkthroughs didn't exist, so I had to figure out everything on my own. After I got good with the game and memorized everything I tried several times to finish it with a count of 000, but this was always difficult because every time you save the count goes up 1. The lowest I got was 003. If you are playing on an emulator, it's a lot easier to get 000 now because you can just save state instead of saving In-Game. But I still want to try to beat the game all in one session someday.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
I have never completed A Link To The Past sadly, despite it being the first Zelda game I played. I probably had about 10-15 deaths in the part that I got to though (That part being the 3rd Dungeon). As for Zelda I and Zelda II, I had probably somewhere around 80 deaths in Zelda I, because that game is very cryptic, and never tells you where to go, and I refused to use a game guide. As for Zelda II though, I've been playing for close to two years, and only have Three Crystals, and probably somewhere around 200 deaths, in all honesty. Yes, I have gotten the spells necessary to defeat Wizzrobe, but that dungeon is just so hard, and even getting to it is difficult because of the enemies on the surrounding Island. I pretty much would have to get there without using up any of my lives. But that's enough complaining.

In OoT, I've only beaten it twice, but however, I didn't die very much. On my first attempt, I died on a few of the bosses a couple times, but nothing too big, and on my most recent attempt, I did not die at all! I'm actually pretty happy with myself for this! As for Majora's Mask, my copy of the game is glitched in more than one ways (If Like Likes eat you, they spit you out and you swim around in place, even if you aren't in water), so I'm not sure I can give an accurate answer for my deaths, but I can beat the first two dungeons without dieing at all, because of how many times I've played through those first two dungeons alone.

On Wind Waker, On my first attempt through the game, I only died to the Pig on Outset Island (or is the evil pig no Windfall?) and on my 2nd through 7th attempts, I can complete the entire game without a single death! I really enjoy Wind Waker, so I've played it a lot, but I believe that it is naturally somewhat easy anyway though.

Last but not least, Twilight Princess! Haven't beat it, I'm only at the snow place. I also have no idea how many death's I have because I've sadly had the game since release. I just don't really like it all to much, but okay.

In my first file--which was a file that I procrastinated a bunch and messed around a lot between dungeons, had the death count total up to 535 deaths. :lol: Well, when I first started playing A Link to the Past (I have the GBA version, if that needs to be mentioned), I was in the third grade--so I was probably 8 or 9 years old. Since I was younger, I feel that I may have been less experienced than I was when I did my second playthrough, which I did shortly after I beat my first file.

I took a really long break from A Link to the Past before my first run, and never cleared it until I was in the sixth grade, so that is a good three years without playing it. It always seems that whenever I take a break from a game for awhile, I get better whenever the next time that I play happens to be. So, most of those 535 deaths were spent before my three-year break. I was, like, all the way in Turtle Rock when I stopped playing... I think I just got distracted or something, knowing me. :P

Well, I did mention that I started a second playthrough. In that file, I only had 28 deaths. Yes, huge difference. And I'm also going to say, that I seem to be better with handhelds, so if this were on the SNES (which I don't have), I probably still would have broke at least a hundred deaths...

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I first played ALttP when I was little, so I wasn’t particularly good at video games, and it took me several years to beat it. I remember the death count somehow being just 31 when I did finally beat it though, so I think I must have reset/turned the power off after dying instead of saving and continuing when I died, since it seemed like I had died way more often than that when I first beat it.

I also recall restarting my game at several points when I would get stuck before ever even beating the game, so I would have been better at the parts I’d already played through and I would have made it through with less death on those half-replays. My real death count was probably much, much higher.

H

Hyrules_Ruler

ALttP 1st time playthrough 1997 (snes) = 29 deaths
ALttP Lowest deathcount (snes) = 000
ALttP Highest deathcount = 29 deaths(listed above)
BY FAR MY MOST FAV CLASSIC LoZ!

i literally JUST finished playing ALttP for the first time and at the end of the credits it told me i had played 46 games, which i figured it meant i got game over 46 times. so my question to you is what is your death count? tell us your lowest, your highest, what it was the first time you played, etc.

now before you go and say "lol, what a noob, you died 46 times". just know that this was my first 2D zelda game on a home console and i was using a gamecube controller and on the VC.

First time I played that, it took me three years, and I died 955 times. :D

I beat that game so much but my first run through was like 40 give or take a few. My lowest is 0 which i have done multiple times because i have that game memorized.

Mickaroo

Call me Micky
Well, I remember thinking ALttP was the hardest game I had yet played. So far in WW I've died twice (both times in the savage labyrinth), in Ocarina I died about five times, and Majora's Mask I died about nine or ten. But in ALttP, I died 64 times. GRAH! I was pretty frustrated with myself, but it WAS my first 2D game and I wasn't really trying super hard NOT to die. I'd love to do a second run of it sometime in the near future

(I eventually tried to play Zelda III without dying even once but I could not see the fun in it. One day however, I will do the 3-hearts and be successful, yes I will ;)).

You actually can't do a three heart in ALttP, the dungeon item doesn't appear until you grab the heart. Same goes for LA. I really would like to try a 3 heart on ALttp, but it's impossible without major glitching.

Back on subject, my best on ALttP was 14 deaths, my worst was 60, but that was my first time when I was like 7. I don't think you're a noob, it's a hard game.

BloodKnight88

bringer of despair
in my most recent playthru of ALTTP i died only twice, in the ice palace and misery mire.

i think i once managed a no death run of the game a while back.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I believe my death count in ALttP is OVAR 9000!!!! JKJK, it's really high though. its a hard game. Although my first ever run of TP i had 287 deaths...... *facepalm*. When you break it down though death count doesn't determine how good you are at a game, it's how far you are willing to go... (insert 'Thats what she said' here) :)

BloodKnight88

bringer of despair
a lot of my deaths in TP were due to failing to beat the cave of ordeals, especially the second time, died a lot then, mostly during the fight with the three darknuts at the end, talk about brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom