• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Worse: Trolling or Spamming?

erceos33

8====D Shovel :D
I hate spammers, whenever I see those stupid images on FB saying "Like if you agree" "Like if you would do x" "Like if you can see x" it makes me so mad and its so fricking annoying, as soon as i see one of those im like "NO SHUT UP YOU SONOFAJNASKJC"

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I have a friend (Not really friend anymore) who pretty much trolls every minute if his life and not only on the internet. It gets really annoying pretty fast.
He just lies and says stupid stuff in general. Always putting people down.
So in some cases I'd have to say trolling is worse if there is no way you can escape it. Spamming can really only work effectively on the internet but anyone can troll and they can troll anywhere. Also, spamming has less value in the sense of humour so there is less motivation for people to spam and it is therefore less common.

Also, you should make this a poll.

They say you are the average of the 5 ppl you most hang out with. It's probably best you no longer hang with the troll.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I find spamming more annoying, and as someone who runs their own forum, I end up using a lot of time removing spam posts and accounts - however, trolling can sometimes hurt people and when it comes down to it I find that worse than the annoyance of having to clean up spam.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Interesting, so a lot of people are ok with trolling because it's funny. I can't really say I wholeheartedly disagree, but since I recognize how perverted my sense of humor can ocassionally get, I'm probably not the best person to actually legitimize that argument. Instead, I'll name a possibility: consider that everyone considers trolling funny, therefore, trolls see it as sort of a sign of approval. What would happen? I personally think it would give people a reason to lighten up a bit too much on trollish users. (remember, extremes can burn or cut you most of the time)

Now, to adress the "people are just not able to take a joke" part: That happens every now and then, but accomodating to people and contributing to a welcoming atmosphere in any way that's within my reach (on forums, real life, anywhere) is a personal value I take very seriously. That is my just opinion, though.

To answer the actual question: I think trolling is worse, mainly because the intent is actual damage. I already cleared up that I know it can be dealt with and my personal beliefs motivate me partly, so I hope that seems reasonable enough.

I'll repeat what I said to Axle, I would appreciate it if people would not be so quick to assume that someone in disagreement with them simply is not in the know. I know what trolling is and, be it trivial or dangerously malicious, a troll will not work if people do not react. When people react they are only making the situation worse. Thus, to react to the situation is to make a mountain out of a molehill. To troll and to bully are two different things (Yet can be similar in certain situations). Hence I don't think it is appropriate you bring things like suicide and abuse into this. Trolling can get bad yes. But the difference is the 'victim' actually has a say in how events turn out when being trolled.

I won't pretend to know what exactly you meant with anything you said here, but I think you narrowed down the definition of troll a little bit. They can be pretty persistent in some cases, since you know, the troll's motivations can vary a lot. Really good trolls (not good people, they just know how to incite responses), are a prime example when they are also stalkers. I know not every troll is like that, but I think it's posibility worth considering. Just an observation, not exactly agreeing or disagreeing with you.

Last edited:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Although I hate spam a lot Trolls just make you sad and angry. When I politely talk or state my opinion some person just look for a fight attacks me. Seriously who just goes around the web simply to start an argument for fun. I really don't want to have someone proposly get into a fight.

Azkadilia

Transparent Perfection
Spamming, I can always deal with trolling because you can ignore it. No big deal but spamming. God so annoying it makes you wanna strangle the person!!! >:/

Trollings worse as it can offend people where as spamming's just a pain in the ***. Both should be banned though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom