• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's up with the Ox?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Prominently featured in the trailer for Breath of the Wild 2 is some sort of ox creature. It seems to carry equipment to sustain Link and Zelda through their perilious journey. We've had animal companions in Zelda before, so it might not be unreasonable to assume that we will the more of the ox. Will the ox be central to the gameplay of BotW 2? What do you think it's function will be?

I hope it isn't because it couldn't even manage a small gap in a bridge.

I wonder if he is an animal native to the outskirts of Hyrule, if Link and Zelda has travelles far and aren't under Byrule Castle in the trailer then it may be that they got the ox from a ways away from Hyrule.

It may very well be another animal to ride in game but I don't think the ox will be a core mechanic or anything. I think it was just used to show they'd been on the road for a while.

Though I wonder why they weren't just usong horses. Each one could have shared the load.

I don't think it's going to be a central mechanic in the game, it's movements would be way slow. It just looks like they used it for a long journey. It is odd however they didn't use horses and Link is on foot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom