• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Up With The Goron?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
People die everyday in this world and I don't see you doing anything to save "your" race..... I don't mean to sound harsh....my point is....the fact that their race could be dying.... doesn't mean every single Goron is gonna try and save it. Not everyone is a hero.....not everyone has a triforce of courage and goes out trying to save the world (or its race for that matter) Your are speculating as much as I am...you don't have anything to support what your saying, just like me. And as for them being "fine and dandy"? I don't recall them saying "we have a happy fullfiling life as travelling merchants"....for all we know they could be living in those rafts....not very fine and dandy if you ask me.

hahahahahahahaha you cant compare what i said to the real world. there is a huge difference. of course im not out saving my race. my race consists of 6 billion+ people. were are hardly endangered. now if those merchant Gorons are the only ones, that is COMPLETELY different. rather than selling flowers, they would be more focused on how terrible it is they are dying out. also, no one else in the game seems to care that there are only a few of them which is a sign that its not at all a big deal. PH has Gorons in it. many people put a majority of the games after WW on the AT and a good number of those games have Gorons in them which means that if they go on that timeline after WW there must have been gorons somewhere for them to keep living on.

a better question is, how do they reproduce? ive never seen a female goron.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
hahahahahahahaha you cant compare what i said to the real world. there is a huge difference. of course im not out saving my race. my race consists of 6 billion+ people. were are hardly endangered. now if those merchant Gorons are the only ones, that is COMPLETELY different. rather than selling flowers, they would be more focused on how terrible it is they are dying out. also, no one else in the game seems to care that there are only a few of them which is a sign that its not at all a big deal. PH has Gorons in it. many people put a majority of the games after WW on the AT and a good number of those games have Gorons in them which means that if they go on that timeline after WW there must have been gorons somewhere for them to keep living on.

a better question is, how do they reproduce? ive never seen a female goron.

lol I'm not comparing, just making a point, that the fact your race could be dying, doesn't mean everyone's gonna try and save it. As for how they reproduce....good question...I've never seen a female goron either o_O

Link Master

The Hero's Master
Do not forget the great flood covered Hyrule and Gorons are rocks but however they can survive because if you got all the bomb bags in TP then you know what I am talking about. If I remember there is no Death Mountain in the game so that might explain it and perhaps the merchant(s) came from a land from far away.:goron:

Zarom

The King
Do not forget the great flood covered Hyrule and Gorons are rocks but however they can survive because if you got all the bomb bags in TP then you know what I am talking about.

The Gorons are not rocks, they are a race who is possibly MADE of rocks. The Gorons in TP have adapted to water, because they couldn't go in it in MM. Just like humans have evolved.

If I remember there is no Death Mountain in the game so that might explain it and perhaps the merchant(s) came from a land from far away.:goron:

There is a Death Mountain in the game, and it is Dragon Roost Island. (That is the most likely theory)

Anyway. First, the Gorons are the traveling merchants, and they are different people. Because that is that.
I also think the Gorons didn't survive the Great Flood. Except for those 3. :goron::goron::goron: The other ones died, because of water.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I think its pretty logical. but before i start my opinion about this, all i want to say is that PH may be a sequel but its a different dimension. In other words, its not connected to hyrule.

One thing is a fact in the game. King of red Lions explained that the people took refuge to the mountains before the hyrule was flooded. some of those mountains are islands, for example, the earth and wind temple.

We know that the kokiri became koroks and adjusted their form so they can survive.
The reason that the zora evolved to ruto is unknown. Even though they are aquatic lifefroms, they still evolved. Maybe the sea became too dangerous and also took refuge to the mountains. Thats the only logical reason i can come up with.
As for the gorons, the gorons already lived in the mountains from the very beginning. That would explain that they didn't evolve in the first place. Maybe some of the surviving gorons became merchants to make a living. Or there is also a possibility that they lived at Greatfish Isle, who knows.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
how do gorons have children? they all call eachother brother too, making it harder to disengish males and females. with zoras and dekus its easy- eggs and both genders. but how can 3 gorons have enough genetic diversity to repopulate?

D

Deku Master

It's no mystery why there were a shortage of Gorons in TWW. Gorons are not used to water, and couldn't survive the flooding. Only a few (the merchants) were able to survive and find refuge on the mountaintops (islands). The Gorons, for some reason, have their own island in PH. How did they regenerate so fast?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The opposite of down with the Goron. ;)

Hehe. I think there are probably other Gorons in the world, but we don't see them since they're not essential to the game.

Alternatively, it's possible that the three we meet were the only survivors, and some were female (not that we could tell). That means they might have eventually met each other and remade the Goron race. We don't know the gestation period or lifespan of Gorons, so all we can do is speculate.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
how do gorons have children? they all call eachother brother too, making it harder to disengish males and females. with zoras and dekus its easy- eggs and both genders. but how can 3 gorons have enough genetic diversity to repopulate?

I hope you haven't forgotten OoT where adult Link meets the young Goron who is named after him by his FATHER and also in PH you have to work together with the son of the Goron chief so yep Gorons do have children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom