• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Whats the Worst Thing Someones Done to Your Game Data?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
It wasn't "someone" strictly speaking but it's definitely the worst experience I've had with game data in recent memory: several months ago, I tried to pick back up on a Xenoblade file I left somewhere after Makna Forest and had clocked between 25-30 hours if I remember correctly. The thing is, I had left that one alone for a couple months since I had been busy inbetween and wanted to try and get further in the game, so when I started it again I played a few days and around Sword Valley (roughly halfway through the game if I recall correctly) I saved at the equipment part shortly after arriving, then the next day when I picked up, the file (now about 40 hours... lots of that might have been wandering) was corrupted. I tried the backup file I had and it was corrupted too. By that point there was nothing but starting the game, just some bad luck right?

Well, the rest of the month I tried getting back there in another file, then around the middle stretch of Valak, saved and left... then next time I picked it up this file became corrupted too. I must've lost about about four or five files by now all corrupted at random points. The next time I tried, I made sure not to exit the game without waiting a while after saving and then checking the file select screen just to make sure it saved correctly. I think I left that last one a little before the part where you first leave the shin, but I'm honestly paranoid it'll get corrupted again. It's an effective excitement-killer. Makes me bitter to just look at the box.

So, venting post. Yeah.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I don't remember exactly what amount of save file was on it at the time since this was about 7 years ago, but the worst that has happened to me was my sister formatted my Wii to pull a "prank" on me.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
My little brother was reaaaaaallllllyyyy pissed at me and deleted all my Minecraft saves, my (having completed Final 4) Pokemon save, and changed my Xbox avatar to look completely ridiculous.

I've also inadvertently saved over two completed Fire Emblem Awakening saves while trying to do a new adventure. Ah, good times.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
my little brother deleted nearly all the files on my gc memory card....TWICE [this was some years back]

also i once lend my friend my memory card for some reason in 3rd grade,and he told me that his mom had thrown it away,i was especially sad/mad b/c i had a tingle statue in my wind waker file [no biggie nowadays since i have them all in my current save]

My two nephews (ages four and five at the time) deleted all of my Mario Kart Wii data. I kept playing every time to try to get all the tracks and such all over again, but my nephews made sure that this never happened. I couldn't do much about it, either, since it was THEIR Wii; my brother can be a jerk when it comes to letting his beloved hellspawns kids get their way.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
A little someone who threw my memory card outside where the dogs chewed it all up. Almost had all the Sun Sprites in Super Mario Sunshine, just needed one more star.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
When I was little, I was mad at my cousin and deleted her Super Mario 64 file, which had almost everything on it. Over ten years later, her son deletes my 100% file on Ocarina of Time, which I had recently finished. That moment immediately came to mind, and I will never forget it.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Oh man. The moment my little brother decided he wanted to play Twilight princess. I was in that game's water temple. They told him to delete my dad's file, my dad was ok with it, and instead mine ended up deleted. And this was when I was going through it for the first time. Stopped playing it for nearly 2 years. Went back and beat it later but I wouldn't touch it during those years.

Dan

When I was little, I was mad at my cousin and deleted her Super Mario 64 file, which had almost everything on it. Over ten years later, her son deletes my 100% file on Ocarina of Time, which I had recently finished. That moment immediately came to mind, and I will never forget it.

Wow, that's one hell of a grudge. ;)

Ericzander

tinyurl.com/mtkslrd
The title of this thread alone pisses me off because now I'm remembering it...

It was repressed...

You released the beast...

Alright so here's what happened. Pokemon related. On Pokemon Leafgreen I had a complete Johto and Kanto pokedex. (Only missing Mew, Deoxys, and a few unobtainable legendaries).

I had all three birds and all three legendary dogs (because I traded from Pokemon Colosseum and XD).

Now, my little brother thought that I hacked the game because he saw that I had all of the dogs and our other friend always bragged about having a hacked game (I didn't like the idea of hacking btw. I still hate it.) Point is, I didn't hack. I got all of them legit and it took hundreds of hours. But yeah, my brother deleted my file because his friend wanted to borrow the game.

The rest is repressed but yeah, that's my story.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Nothing major has ever been erased of mine, because I am very specific when I say what not to delete.

However, my sister claimed our family Wii as "hers" when she moved out, so I lost a lot of stuff. For a small list...

- All unlockable characters, songs, stages, and game modes in Brawl
- All unlockable characters, karts, bikes, and tracks in Mario Kart Wii
- My entire 100% TP file
- All unlockable characters, guitars, finishes, songs, outfits, etc. in Guitar Hero 3, as well as all but 2 songs completed on Expert Difficulty
- All unlockable songs in Rock Band, as well as completion of all songs on all difficulties for Guitar and Drums, as well as all songs completed up to medium difficulty for Vocals
- My nearly 100% Super Mario Galaxy File
- All of my VC games
- A crapload of other data that I didn't care much for

I happen to have another Wii in my household, so most of that data has since been recovered. Sadly, though, I still have a long way to go in some of those games. I actually haven't even played that Wii since she left...

But ya, I was kind of ticked at first...

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
Actually, when I was little I was the one who would accidentally delete games. I didn't know how to read at the time, and I accidentally deleted all of our progress on a game we had worked on for a long time. My sister was extremely angry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom