• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Whats the Worst Thing Someones Done to Your Game Data?

Salem

SICK
Someone erased my entire GCN memory card, it had a "complete" Smash Bros. Melee file...

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I let my grandmother borrow my New Super Mario Bros. game cuz she wanted to play it. One of my files had 100% completion, all the star coins, every level opened, everything. I let her borrow it and make sure to emphasize that she doesn't erase that file.

I get it back and its gone. :mad:

67ghost

no you're not
I asked my friends big brother to help beat pokemon ruby "i sucked at gaming when i was 5 " and my game was deleted.

キラ

Yo!
My brother ERASED MY OOT FILE!

It was on accident though. And I was only in Dodongo's Cavern. :bleh:

Raised a significantly better Butterfree than I ever could have in my Pokemon Yellow file and put my Pokemon trainer skills to shame.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
My San Andreas save file getting over-written when I let my brother borrow my memory card... that was a dark, dark day. Gone was my big fat CJ in a suit, chilling in Las Venturas, replaced by skinny tank top CJ... I cried.

Fig

The Altruist
You have never truly experienced pain and suffering until you lend someone your Pokemon game and they decided to start a new file and then overwrite my save file with their's. Another that I had to go through whenever I leave my systems on and leave them for roughly a few minutes (because I need to go to the restroom, do chores, take breaks to do homework, etc.) and my mother has the indecency to turn them off because she either doesn't like 1. the fact the small LED lights hurt her eyes (which by the way how would she tell if she's on the other side of the house or 2. I'm wasting energy and increasing the amount of moeny she has to pay on her bills. Here's the thing: if I'm not using my Wii U, then I unplug it to save her money. Second, the 3DS doesn't add to the electric bill as it uses its own electricity to power up the system. Charging only takes up about an hour at least. Because of this, I have to go and redo everything that I already had before the incident and thus, take more time to complete the games that I currently am playing at the moment. I swear I think my mom just wants to turn off my system the first chance she gets if I'm not using it simply because I had to go out of my way to be decent and use the bathroom. You won't believe how many times that has happened to me. .-.

Well my mom decided that she wanted to watch TV when I was playing skyrim. So she walk over to the Xbox. Turned it off... Lost a lot of stuff, and had to redo 4 of the thieves guild quests.

As a young pup, after conquering pokemon gold I learned it was possible to transfer the pokemon I had acquired from red to gold. This prospect alone got me excited. Soon I had my entire red team packed into my gold cartridge, I was happy, but perhaps a little to happy. At first it appeared I had misplaced my gold version of pokemon. I found my pokemon gold however not in an normal place either, but I found it and was happy never the less. I rammed my game into the hardware only to discover a level 7 bellspout in place of a team that once was an impressive collection of pokemon that took me a fair amount of time to level. My cousin's were behind this act and performed such in the name of jealousy.

It's funny how being "successful" in front of the wrong people can sometimes warrent in danger to "sucsess". I was once again happy by the end of the day as they aided me in purchasing my first game genie.

I'm sure losing your pokemon is another form of losing your saves in some sense, If not then I'll just go with the experience of seeing my dog chew up my PS2 memory cards.

Last edited:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
When I was younger, I would often wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning to play games before school. One morning, I was playing Majora's Mask. I had been playing for awhile, had gotten the bow and arrow, and the Goron's Mask (I hadn't beaten the temple, I was young and only wanted to get Epona), when my dad comes downstairs and scolds me for being up so early. I begged him to let me save first. He told me to save immediately and go to sleep. I told him that I could only save in certain spots. As I was running to the neared Owl statue, my dad turned off my N64. I lost the bow and arrow, and the Goron's mask, which at age 10 were pretty big accomplishments to do on my own in one morning.

That's the worst though.

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
I have two of these experiences.

The first dates back to when I was in the eighth grade. Those were good times. Halo Reach had come out and I was playing it non-stop. I remember staying up all night on Friday nights playing invasion. Good times. Now I made my mistake letting my little brother play for an hour. When I got back on he had spent all of my credits on a bunch of crappy armor pieces. That was a but infuriating

This second event happened recently. My brother thought it would be funny to uninstall Dota 2 from my computer right before I was about to play with my friends. To say the least I didn't find it very funny.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
My only enemy is myself.

I deleted my Twilight Princess file just by saving over top of it with a newer one... when I was in the Palace of Twilight. And I hadn't beaten the game at that point. I was so close to finally finishing it and then I ruined it all just by force of habit causing me to save over the first file slot. I had to start over just to be able to claim I had completed TP. I have no idea why Twilight Princess thought it was a good idea to allow people to do that, since the other Zelda games never deemed it necessary before, and have not since deemed it necessary again. -.-

I also managed to delete my Super Smash Bros. Melee file, with HUNDREDS of hours of play time from me and my sister's childhoods, with all the characters and stages unlocked, just because I'm a complete and utter idiot. I was at a friend's house so that we could play together, but I forgot to put in the memory card before loading up the game. When the message "there is no memory card in slot A" appeared, I hastily put in the memory card. A new message popped up and I pressed A without reading it. Unfortunately for me, that message said something along the lines of "Would you like to overwrite the save data on this memory card and erase all of your childhood memories for no reason whatsoever because that totally makes more sense than just having the game automatically load it up for you if you forgot to put it in at first?"

Also one of my memory cards is now corrupted -- yes, the same one with Super Smash Bros. Melee. So the new file I restarted is gone now too. The game clearly doesn't want me to play it. Along with that went my first file for The Wind Waker, which was my first ever Zelda game, and my beautiful level 80+ Umbreon and Espeon in Pokémon Colosseum.

Oh, and this one time I accidentally erased my defeat of the second boss in The Adventure of Link because 3DS save states suck. Honestly, I don't even remember how it happened. I only remember that I was horrified that I would have to endure the torture of even REACHING the boss again. (Fortunately, I knew where to get the Life Spell the second time around, so it wasn't TOO awful...)

Save data is not my friend.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I do remember letting this one kid play Ocarina of Time 3D on my 3DS and having him delete one of my save files... I was pretty mad at the time, but since I don't even remember what file it was, it probably wasn't my first one, nor was it that important. It must have been at least somewhat far in the game, though, or I wouldn't have cared. *shrug*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom