• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the worst book you've ever read?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Exactly what it says on the tin. Post the worst book you've ever read in your life.

I'll start, 50 Shades of Grey. Pointless, and doesn't even work as a smut book.

Link 182

Blame It On My Youth
I picked up this book because it had this neat label that tracked it online on it. I don’t recall the website anymore. I did eventually recall the author, Carl Hiassen, though. It was supposed to be some chick getting revenge on her husband trying to murder her, then he has this gf that does weird uhh ladyscaping (I suppose that’s the gendered equivalent for manscaping anyway) and it gets described a few times to a degree I feel a reasonable human could only call “excessive,” like shape and dyes, I’m pretty sure that most women would not do that lmfao

Further the guy that the wife ends up with suspiciously matches the author by description, and I can’t help but think of it as a Suethor type of work. I have no idea why it’s reviewed so favorably but I regret learning that fact already and I only just did!

Link 182

Blame It On My Youth
I only read the original draft of 50 Shades on an internet archive (Master of the Universe; EL James has since tried to retcon its entire existence) as the original Twilight fan fiction but I could never bring myself to invest enough into either series to read them completely to come to a consenus of my own.

Link 182

Blame It On My Youth
Here's one more review but in pictures, note that it's examining only the book and not the movie
RP11.jpg

RP12.jpg

RP13.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom