• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the Stupidest Thing You've Heard Recently?

Austin

Austin
Title says it all. Mine would have to be while driving home with my girlfriend the other day. She isn't totally annoyed when I talk about video games, so I told her about the flip between the Wii and Gamecube versions of Twilight Princess. After explaining it, she goes "Oh, is anything else different between the Wii version and the Xbox version?":S

Last edited by a moderator:

Stella3000

Starlight
Hm, let me think.

The stupidest thing that I've heard recently, would probably be that, I'm not old enough to date a 20 year old. lol.

*Is turning 18 next month. XD

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The stupidest thing? That's difficult, I've heard a lot of stupid things.

I suppose I'll have to go with "Drinking hot tea (but not iced tea) is un-American, because the colonists dumped tea into Boston Harbor as part of the rebellion." I really hate having to worry that people will think I'm some kind of "traitor" if they see me drinking tea. :(

The worst part is, it's completely arbitrary... they were protesting the taxes on the tea, not the idea of drinking tea itself. Sigh.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
"Maybe the deer ate all the rabbits!"
My mom said that once a few years ago. She was absolutely serious. No joke. It still stands as the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

We had moved from Illinois to Virginia a few years back. For those who don't know, the Midwest plains and prairies in Illinois are ideal environments for rabbits. The Eastern forests of Virginia, in contrast, house large populations of deer. Apparently my mom didn't know any of that, so she was rather startled by the abundance of deer and lack of rabbits. So one day she was discussing these changes with me and asked, quite seriously, if deer ate rabbits. Now I can understand not knowing that rabbits are plains animals and deer are forest animals, but I can't quite comprehend how my mom did not realize deer are herbivores.

What's worse, even after I explained everything to her, she still asked me about deer eating rabbits at least twice in the following weeks.

Last edited:

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I was in GAME a couple of weeks back with my friend, and I was looking at all the little merchandise stuffs near the counter waiting for him to pay for what he got, when some woman and her 11 year old kid came in and asked one of the GAME staff members if they knew whether "Animal Crossing Wii" was coming out on the DS. And guess what, the STUPID staff woman actually said "Uhhh... just let me go and check" and went off to find the list to see if it was coming out soon.

But wait, it gets better. Because all the while the talked about it, they were stood next to an old poster that was still up advertising "Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City, only on Nintendo Wii!"

I could do nothing but stare in utter disbelief at the sheer level of stupidity.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I think there are two things that stand as the most rediculous things I've heard (not read on the internet).

My little sister: I like Ocarina of Time more than Wind Waker because Ocarina of Time looks better.

This shocks me. She doesn't even know anything about either game, and with the story of WW I'm 600% sure that she'd like WW more than OoT. The second thing is another thing that my little sister said.

My little sister: I hate video game music because it has no lyrics.

I cannot begin to understand this. Music with lyrics are fine, but the lyrics don't define a piece. What about the legendary pieces of classical composers such as Beethoven? None of their pieces had lyrics and VG music is basically the same as classical composures: a great epic beat that reaches out and grabs you by the gut.

Hazel

A Frog
My friend has glasses that darken with the sun. We were in the playground and this gal came up and asked us why the glasses went Dark. We answered that it was because of the sun. And the gal was like:
"I know, but why do theyy become black?"
Us: "It's because of the sun. When the sun shines, the glasses darken to protect the eyes."
The Gal: "Oh, it's like suun glasses!"
Us: "Yes, that's it."
Her; "OK, but why do the glasses become dark?"

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I get stupid questions every day. I can hardly remember them all. Try living with a mom that has the IQ of a tooth pick.

Mine happens to be a person, and this happens every single day in class. He raises his hand and says he was listening to NPR last night and then asks the teacher is she heard about "___________", and it just happens that our class just talked about this the day before.

He does many other stupid things and talks way too much about "What he saw on Nat. Geo, NPR, Yahoo, MSN, etc."

"Did you eat dog there?!"

Perhaps one of the stupidest things I've heard. My AP World teacher was explaining things about China and she showed us pictures of her visit there. One picture she showed happened to be food. Some girl in the class then asked if she ate dog there.

I normally don't care about the stereotypes about Asians eating dogs . Sometimes I'll even make jokes about it. Not only did this girl look like a fool in front of the class, but I actually felt a little offended (I think it might be because I'm the only Asian in that class).

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
"Do you have any Mario games for the XBOX/PS2/PS3?"

God knows how many times I've had to inform people that Mario is a Nintendo-owned character, and even moreso, their mascot. IDIOTS.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Hmm. Here's one from French Class. My teacher asked something like "In what war did somethingsomethingsomething happen," and someone in my class answered "World War 3!"

*sigh* At least it was funny.

I have three things, I guess...

1. Fanboys bellyaching about 3D Dot Game Heroes. It drives me insane, especially considering they act irrational and many of them have proven they have no idea what they're talking about.

2. Politicians and idiots claiming that tea-party goers, and people who dislike either Obama or healthcare reform are racist.

3. Both the fanatical, insane FANS of Twilight and the fanatical, insane HATERS of Twilight, as well as the unintelligent, ignorant and frankly WRONG arguments made by both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom