• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the Point of Clothes?

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Because it's our society and the law. And we have to obide by it. But yes this should be a choice, but unfortunately it's not.

I don't get it. If it's hot out, why should we have to wear clothes?

You are actually better off wearing very light (both in color and weight) clothes that completely cover you when it's hot out. Shorts and tee shirts (or nudity) are not as effective at keeping you cool even though you might think they would be; a burnt body does not dissipate heat efficiently.

I think clothing primarily came as a way to protect sensitive areas from the elements. Primitive man started wearing loin cloths to protect their reproductive areas from anything that might be a danger to them. Go forward tens of thousands of years, and people start wearing clothing as a sign of social status. Nowadays, I think the main the main reason is because its always been that way. Because of that, we have come to see nudity as obscene, even though it isn't in the slightest. Modern society is also a bad influence to our children, teaching them that the human body is a bad thing.
It really is detrimental to our society, but it is not going to change anytime soon.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I feel this thread would be more appropriately suited (no pun intended) to the Mature Discussion forum.

Azkadilia

Transparent Perfection
Well it protects the skin to a certain point. Just the matter of opinion. I wear clothes no matter what even if we don't but thats just me being uncomfortable with my body. And i'd prefer if my niece wore her clothes so no child molester tried anything. And some guys are just plain pervs enough.

erceos33

8====D Shovel :D
Maybe some people arent as confident of their body as u may be, not saying im one of them, hell i would love to go naked everywhere if everybody else would do the same, but still might not be the greatest of ideas.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Because we weren't given fur to protect us from the harsher climates.

Well, Wolf Sage is the only exception.

Enuch Enuch Enuch

There are actual reasons for wearing clothes. For instance cold weather and to protect against the sun. Not to mention most people would not feel comfortable walking around in public naked.

Clothes are a great way to express yourself though. even if it was considered decent to go out in public naked i still think i would wear clothes as they represent who you are.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
because we're immature, but theres one downside. If there's a really hot chick and your a guy, the girl can tell if you're checking her out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom