• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's The Meanest thing You've Ever Done In A Video Game?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I don't like being mean, but sometimes it happens. Games give us a lot of opportunity to indulge our darker impulses, and sometimes we give in. Other times we seek those opportunities out. Sometimes we create them ourselves...

But for some of us being mean lingers in our hearts. Sometimes we do something in a game that makes us feel guilty, or just plain bad, and we maybe wish we hadn't done it. Have you ever done something that made you feel that way?

What's the meanest thing you've ever done in a video game?

I was buttonmashing in RF4 and the dragon, Ventuswill, gave me dragon bones as a reward for completing some request of hers. Well I accidentally gave them back to her and she was NOT. Happy. I felt so bad. :(

I don't usually have the guts to be mean in video games, unless the character is completely irredeemable but even then, there's some charm in that.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Mr Burke and his temptations were much too much for me to pass up. I can't say I felt bad about what I did though. I thoroughly enjoyed nuking megaton in Fallout 3. Later on I murdered pretty much everyone I could get away with in the wastes.

In Skyrim I just couldn't stop myself killing NPC's either after a while and places were very empty by the end and just didn't seem alive like they used to.

Kirino

Tatakae
If you count assassinating random villagers and townspeople and then proceeding to steal everything they own even though I don't need it, then that probably makes the list. This happens often when I play Skyrim. Don't usually feel too bad about it though, lol.

In terms of specific events, the main one that comes to mind is killing Whacka in Paper Mario. Poor guy is so friendly and sociable, only for you to keep beating him with a hammer for his tasty head lumps, after which he suffers progressive brain damage and eventually dies. Made even worse by the fact that this is the last member of the species, meaning you just caused an extinction. The game makes you feel even more worse when talking to a Whacka enthusiast who remarks that she hasn't seen him in a while, not even knowing that she's talking to his killer. So I felt pretty guilty about it, and as great a healing item as the Whacka bumps are, I can't really bring myself to hit him anymore.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Hitting innocents and accidentally stealing...and running over pedestrians but mosta them walk in my path..

Cfrock

Keep it strong
you to keep beating him with a hammer for his tasty head lumps, after which he suffers progressive brain damage and eventually dies. Made even worse by the fact that this is the last member of the species, meaning you just caused an extinction.
Dear lord...

Yeah, I can see how that one would stick with you

If you count assassinating random villagers and townspeople and then proceeding to steal everything they own even though I don't need it, then that probably makes the list. This happens often when I play Skyrim. Don't usually feel too bad about it though, lol.

In terms of specific events, the main one that comes to mind is killing Whacka in Paper Mario. Poor guy is so friendly and sociable, only for you to keep beating him with a hammer for his tasty head lumps, after which he suffers progressive brain damage and eventually dies. Made even worse by the fact that this is the last member of the species, meaning you just caused an extinction. The game makes you feel even more worse when talking to a Whacka enthusiast who remarks that she hasn't seen him in a while, not even knowing that she's talking to his killer. So I felt pretty guilty about it, and as great a healing item as the Whacka bumps are, I can't really bring myself to hit him anymore.
If he's the last of his kind, then how did he appear in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door? :suspicious:.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I can't say anything bad I've done in a game has stuck with me particularly. I suppose the most recent bad deed I did that I remember was in Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. In Anthony's Chapter I saved a monk who gifted me with a Long Sword, it's the best weapon in that chapter. I don't know why, but I decided to face the monk, I tapped the button to swing the sword which killed him, and it made my jaw drop. This is an old early 2000s game, I was fully expecting to swing the sword and for it to just pass through the monk. I did feel pretty bad that I killed him with the weapon he gave me as a gift. I also paid for killing him, because the act of killing an innocent human instantly drains your sanity meter completely - the last few minutes of that Chapter were trippy as hell.

Oh, and let us not forget...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8932-1361810349-3.gif

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I was going to say "oh yeah I murdered a bunch of people in RDR/GTA/Fallout/whatever" was the meanest thing I've done, but then...
Mr Burke and his temptations were much too much for me to pass up. I can't say I felt bad about what I did though. I thoroughly enjoyed nuking megaton in Fallout 3. Later on I murdered pretty much everyone I could get away with in the wastes.
I did this too so oops

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom