• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's The First Anime You Ever Watched?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
That's actually not an anime but it's fine! If you're happy I'm not rlly concerned.
View attachment 54676View attachment 54677View attachment 54678View attachment 54679
This is what an anime would USUALLY be more like <3
(The images are of Danganronpa, Komi Can't Communicate, a VOCALOID named Ritsu and Charlotte)
I know what anime is, pal. It is the Japanese word for animation. Loosely used in the west to describe animation made in Japan. Look up Mook Animation.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Since before I can remember, I would see the Pokemon anime and Teen Titans on Cartoon Network every now and then. I would also watch Speed Racer on dvd with family. However, the first time I actually watched an anime from start to finish myself was in 7th grade when I watched Death Note.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The first one I watched all the way through was Sword Art Online but I saw a few episodes of Pokémon and Full Metal Alchemist when I was a kid.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I saw Pokémon and Digimon as a kid but as for what I first went out of my way to watch and what got me into anime was Rosario + Vampire. It's got vampires which I have always been a lover of and tons of fanservice which teenage me appreciated quite a bit!

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I saw Pokémon and Digimon as a kid but as for what I first went out of my way to watch and what got me into anime was Rosario + Vampire. It's got vampires which I have always been a lover of and tons of fanservice which teenage me appreciated quite a bit!

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a looooong time.
Moka-chan is adorable

Reactions: Dio

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I haven't actually seen the whole thing. I have only seen some of the scenes from it compared to the anime.

Do you like the OVAs?

Well I am a huge Jojo nerd so that question is iffy.

Do I like them as a depiction of Stardust Crusaders? Eeeeeeeh not really. Do I like them as early 90s classic anime? Kindaaaa.
It has its charm, but the DP Anime is waaaay better

Reactions: Dio

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
It's hard to say. We checked a lot of animes out on VHS from our local library, specially sailor moon and Pokemon, but there was also a lot of anime on Saturday morning cartoons, like Yu-Gi-Oh and Sonic X. Don't remember the name of the channel because it changed so frequently, but I remember 4kids most prominently, though I remember it being called something else when I was younger. I used to like all those shows but they've aged pretty badly

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't remember exactly, but I started watching them on 4kids and Toonami, and I think my first was either Yugioh and Pokemon. The first one I really got into, though, was Naruto, which I watched nearly every episode of on TV as a kid. Then the first one I sought out and watched outside of TV was Death Note, and it pretty much just continued from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom