• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Whats the Closest to Fame You Have Gotten?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
When I was younger, I won a coloring contest and got featured in the newspaper. :rolleyes:

I've never really been close to fame. The only thing I can think of is being interviewed/been in newspaper articles for dance.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Let's see...

When I was a little tiny Girl Scout, I was on the Ladmo Show. While most of you don't even know what that is... if you grew up in Arizona from the 1960s-1980's, Ladmo was a huge deal. Local funny kid's show. The host retired in the late 80s and succumbed to cancer sometime in the early 90s. Everybody on the show got a Ladmo Bag - a bag filled with fun goodies. I was just in the studio audience of the show, but shots of said audience were broadcast.

Some years ago, I was mildly infamous... I made one of the newspapers where I am living now for...something I don't want to talk about and have put behind me.

I'm somewhat Internets-famous in that some of my fanfiction is on TV Tropes, recommends and mentions. The page I made myself for one of my stories doesn't count since I made it myself, but my work has been mentioned by others/without my involvement around the site. More than one fandom, too. So far, the Tropers have latched onto both some of my Legend of Zelda works and a story I wrote back in 2004 for the anime Haibane Renmei.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
I was in the local newspaper once for winning the spelling bee. They also televised the school assembly I was in on a local cable channel. I think that's the closest I've ever gotten to fame.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I once commanded the finest army of the British Isles and conquered all of France in a glorious invasion known to this day as The March of the Invincibles. For the few years that followed I acquired more and more territory until there came a point when I could offer HRH King William IV the throne of nearly a third of Europe. I was showered with titles and honours, estates and money. My name was spoken with reverence across the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Western Europe and whispered in fear across the neighbouring landscape. The President of the United States of America, Andrew Jackson, sent a letter detailing his immense respect for my accomplishments and wishing me good fortune in my future campaigns. My heroic endeavours were recorded by the finest historians of the age, my face immortalised in portraiture and sculpture throughout the realm. Children are still taught the brilliance of my actons and the incalculable effect I had on world history. I am remembered as one of the greatest Britons to have ever lived, the finest military genius of all time, the single most influential individual of the 19th century and my face is currently found on the British £10 banknote.

And then I woke up :(

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well, I've been in the local newspaper a bunch of times for various reasons (articles about my chess club's latest victories mostly, but once I was also interviewed for my convention lifestyle). I also got to write a couple of pieces for that paper when we had work experience week at school and I got to spend my week at the paper.

I was on the local radio once (was this school thing at the city hall and I was one of the kids picked to ask the mayor a question), and was also interviewed by the local news channel (a piece on an art class I was taking and being the youngest I was singled out to be interviewed - such a mortifying experience since I was covered with paintstains and my clothes looked really unflattering on me).

Then there was one interview in one of our nation-wide newspapers (a feature on orientation, where I was chosen to present the perspective of someone who was openly bi - an other person was interviewed to present the perspective of someone who was still in the closet), which was kinda cool. My mom was rather proud when a childhood friend of hers texted her out of the blue after reading the article - just to tell her she had a very brave daughter, lol.

I can't really think of anything else. I made a little bit of a name for myself within a couple of fandoms (for fanfiction), but I never made it to the big league in those fandoms, more like ended up befriending and brainstorming with some of them, lol. I also once had someone get awstruck with me when they realized who I was on an MMORPG (granted I had been the number one player for a few months before I got tired and quit, but it was a weird thing to be admired for, lol)

One of my main hobbies is conventions (well, it's more of a lifestyle than a hobby) so I've gotten to hang out with a bunch of famous people, so in that way I've gotten in a decent proximity of fame, lol, but not in a way where I'd get fame from it (other than that one article about my convention lifestyle, lol)

Last edited:

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
Ive been on the news paper a few times, some are for grades, various sports, and band. But i guess the closest to fame ive gotten was a tv broadcast of the 2011 state marching compettion in San Antonio, We won 1st place and that made us feel like celebs in the band world. lol

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I have a job at a local TV station as part of the film crew, so every week my name goes in the credits, which is sorta like fame. I've also performed in a lot of dance recitals, but again those are just local and it's not like there were a ton of people or anything :P
That's all I can think of for now.

I've been in a commercial. I had three-second screentime in an Alaska State Fair commercial, so there's that. I was also in a few newspaper articles and on the news for being in various plays, but of course Channel 2 only cared about the Pevensies :(. The most major event was when I got into the 2012 Honor Choir, and I was featured on TV, singing. That's about it, but my parents have been in a ton of commercials, my dad more than my mom, and they've both been extras in movies. I've always dreamed of fame... But I have a plan to get famous. I'm going to write a letter to Ellen DeGeneres about my grandmother, who's had a really nice life. She moved to Alaska about a year ago. It had been 16 years since she'd dated, and she was sure that part of her life was done, but then she met her current boyfriend. They're talking about getting married now. Of course, to get myself famous, too I'm writing it, adn I'll also include a hand-drawn image of Ellen. So there's my plan, hope Grandma gets on!

I'm in the bible:

Genesis 4:25

And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his name Seth, for she said, “God has appointed for me another offspring instead of Abel, for Cain killed him.”

Genesis 4:26

To Seth also a son was born, and he called his name Enosh. At that time people began to call upon the name of the Lord.

Genesis 5:3

When Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.

Genesis 5:4

The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters.

Genesis 5:1-32

This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created. When Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth. The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days that Adam lived were 930 years, and he died. ...

Luke 3:38

The son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hmmm.....well I currently am working on making music so I can't say I'm super famous right now, but I hope to be some day. It'd be pretty cool to get known for making music on the internet.

Other than that, I've been in the local paper and on TV before in an interview. I'm also the captain on one of the most well known FTC Robotics teams in the world.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I've worked on Zelda Wiki and now Zelda Dungeon Wiki. My work gets seen by thousands of people per day. That's as close as I've gotten. They wouldn't know what they see is my work.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I did the coffee house gigs circuit in southwestern Ohio and joined a well known Indie band from Columbus in the studio several times. I tried out as a tumbler for the Orange Bowl in Miami and performed in the half time show when I was 16. That's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom