• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the Biggest Grind You've Ever Gone on in a Videogame?

Grinding is a hassle but sometimes we want a reward of some kind in a game and spend dozens, if not hundreds of hours, trying to achieve that goal.

What's the biggest grind you've ever gone on in a videogame?

I started going for the king outfit in Super Mario Maker 2 in early January, and I'll need till August or so to get it for reaching #1 in a leaderboard. I am doing so through first clears, which can be tough, as you have to beat a level before anyone else.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I grinded for a week for a shiny Mewtwo in the Let’s Go games. My dedication to Pokémon games is short but intense.
I also searched for the last BOTW shrine for hours, eventually having to get help from a friend; I don’t consider this a grind though. Took probably about 150 hours.

Last edited:

Quin

Disaster Master
There is so much stupid timewaster **** I have done in video games just to get that full completion, that its hard to think of a worst one. A few that come to mind is grindig the chicken minigame in albw to get 999 seconds for the gaint cucco. That took 2 whole days of frustration in my life.
And grinding for a HA 5 IV shiny charmander. At one point I had 30 boxes of the things. Never again.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Probably farming stuff in WoW, like rare mount drops and such. It gets so much mote frustrating when a grind is based on luck instead of just long and slow progression, because at least you're getting somewhere with the latter. If it's luck based it could potentially take forever...

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Grinding all the stickers in Brawl was probably the thing that drove me the most crazy. After beating every challenge, including all the trophies (excluding the sticker trophy), I just had to repeat the same battles over and over until RNG finally gave me the Tap-Tap sticker after many many hours. I got all the custom moves in Smash 3DS as well.

Another notable game for me in this regard is Kid Icarus Uprising. It's probably the most fun and satisfying time I've had completing a game. Beating all the challenges, including 9.0 intensity in every chapter and Boss Battles on Hard, really paid off. Paying 10 million hearts to Palutena was a nice bonus, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom