• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS What's the Best Dungeon?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Hmm it depends on your view of zelda dungeons if you like the puzzling type of dungeon then it's Great Bay Temple, if you like a quick run through then it'd be WoodFall Temple, If you like exceedingly large and long dungeons you will like Snowhead and if you like dungeons that have 2 minibosses can flip upside down and gives you a mask that makes you a giant as well as gives the light arrows then you'll like Stone Tower.

I Love Stone Tower it feels like the best one, aside from the reasons above, it's set in an undead country yet the tower has puzzles to do with light the two major mini bosses are unique compared to the others (meaning you fight one of them only twice and the other once) The boss battle can be tough not as bad as the one in Great Bay but still tough if you aren't conservative of health. And the Tower has two totally different Layouts once you flip it the way to progress is a lot different and you have to think through them more than you would normally. I'd state stone tower to be a Logic dungeon more than the others.

Hmm it depends on your view of zelda dungeons if you like the puzzling type of dungeon then it's Great Bay Temple, if you like a quick run through then it'd be WoodFall Temple, If you like exceedingly large and long dungeons you will like Snowhead and if you like dungeons that have 2 minibosses can flip upside down and gives you a mask that makes you a giant as well as gives the light arrows then you'll like Stone Tower.

I Love Stone Tower it feels like the best one, aside from the reasons above, it's set in an undead country yet the tower has puzzles to do with light the two major mini bosses are unique compared to the others (meaning you fight one of them only twice and the other once) The boss battle can be tough not as bad as the one in Great Bay but still tough if you aren't conservative of health. And the Tower has two totally different Layouts once you flip it the way to progress is a lot different and you have to think through them more than you would normally. I'd state stone tower to be a Logic dungeon more than the others.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The Stone Tower Temple in my opinion.

It just encompasses everything that I think a good dungeon should be. It's puzzling, challenging, diverse, confusing, huge, it's unique, and of course the complimentary things like the soundtrack, the items, the theme etc. Dungeons should challenge you in every aspect of what a Zelda game should be while still captivating you and not going beyond that boundary where it comes down right too annoying. It's got the perfect balance of challenge and enjoyment; it's one of the best dungeons in the entire series.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have to say Stone Tower Temple.

In my honest opinion, the Stone Tower Temple has some of the best puzzles in the entire series. It utilizes almost all of the items that you find throughout the game, and it requires the use of all 3 of the main transformation masks. The puzzles are consistently extremely creative and well thought-out, which may be a first for the Zelda series. The enemies are diverse, the entire dungeon is aesthetically pleasing, the soundtrack is catchy and really fits the atmosphere well. It's everything a dungeon should be. The boss is difficult even with the Giant's Mask, and if you don't use it then the boss will definitely prove to be a challenge. I absolutely adore the idea of flipping the temple to solve puzzles. And the fact that you can't just get all the stray fairies by following the main path through the dungeon differentiates it from the rest of the dungeons in the game.

All in all, this dungeon is just incredible. Everything about it is great. It is one of my all time favourite dungeons in the series, and without a doubt the best in Majora's Mask in pretty much all aspects.

Sheik

:the:
I'd say Great Bay Temple.

Now, Stone Tower Temple is a very close second. It has exceptionally diverse puzzles, and the concept of flipping the temple upside down is just astounding. But something about that temple gives me a small headache, and I'm not sure what it is exactly. Maybe it's that the music can get a bit repetitive after a while, or the fact that you'll have to go all the way to the front of the temple, flip it, and go back several times throughout if you're looking to collect all the fairies, which can get rather monotonous after a while. Also the boss sucks (but it is pretty fun to kill from the ground using arrows).

However, I have no problems with Great Bay Temple. It has nice puzzles, doesn't get too tedious with the main dungeon gimmick (you really only have to switch the water current once. Only once.), and is aesthetically pleasing. Its machine-like, industrial-sounding music and its colorful lights constrasting with the dim lighting is such a step above the two previous dungeons, Woodfall and Snowhead, which were both visually and audibly dull. Yeah, the boss here also sucks, and unlike Stone Tower Temple's boss, it has no real redeeming factors, however silly they may be.

But yeah, Great Bay Temple is, in my opinion, the best dungeon in Majora's Mask.

Stone Tower Temple without a doubt. First of all, the buildup to the dungeon is fantastic with Link ascending to the top of the massive Stone Tower, which also follows a lengthy piece of the game where Link must restore order to Ikana Canyon. Once the dungeon begins, you are greeted with some of the best music in the entire game, and after you start to explore, you then realize that the level of thought that is required to progress through is much greater than in previous dungeons. However, everything you knew about the dungeon is turned upside down (literally) after you obtain the light arrows. The whole flipping mechanic is something that never really appears in any other Zelda dungeon, which certainly gives the Stone Tower Temple a sense of identity. Lastly, to top it off, the boss battle with Twinmold is truly epic due to their massive sizes and the fact that you too fight as a giant.

Yeah, I have to join the chorus and say Stone Tower Temple. The puzzles require a great degree of non-linear thinking, something I'm a huge proponent of. The atmosphere generated by the music and ambient sounds strike home for great effect (Inverted STT is my favorite), and the light puzzles are a clever variation on what you usually get out of light puzzles thanks to the magic mirrors. It also introduces some enemies that you haven't seen in the game up to that point. Though I must say Great Bay is a very close second. The only reason I like Stone Tower more is because it took me longer to figure out, and the final "Eureka!" moment for me was phenomenal.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
80-90% of people are going to say Stone Tower Temple.

Also, some find Great Bay to the best, but since it's polarizing, some also find it to be the worst.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Stone Tower is awesome, and the area that involves it is pretty great too. I'd sing it's praises, but I really don't think I have to with so many people already talking about it. Great atmosphere, cool mechanics, and a balance of frustration and goodness.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
My personal favourite has always been the Stone Tower Temple. I enjoy the layout of the temple, and the music is quite catchy. I don't want to spoil anything as you haven't played it yet, but it's a good one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom