• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What's So Scary/eerie About the Forest Temple Theme?

K

kiryadin

I was reading another thread and I saw a post where somebody said he found the forest temple theme scary and also I have seen other posts about it somewhere. But what's so scary about the high pitched notes in the tune? To me it is just cool music accompanying the temple. Also the temple wasn't scary to me. The place looked nice and didn't scare me at all, so please tell me why it should be scary and why the music is so eerie or scary or whatever :)

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
You know is a little but of opinion and age i guess but remember too that the temple isnt the happiest place on earth either and its monster i kinda disgusting (at least for me)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I wasn't really scared by the Forest Temple. The only things in the Forest Temple that scared me were the Wallmasters, when they came down unexpectedly and grabbed me.

I do have a theory about why it scares other people, though. I think it's mostly the spiders, skeletons, and ghosts, perhaps the cobwebs and the feeling that you're in an abandoned, haunted mansion.

It's nothing compared to the Shadow Temple, though. The Shadow Temple was truly frightening.

I would say that the Forest Temple is more eerie that downright scary. It's a combination of the poes, the skeletons, wolves, and its secluded location that gives it the ancient and ominous feeling. Even the boss is a phantom of your worst enemy. The temple is pretty easy to get lost in too, which might also give it a creepy feeling.

I agree with Athenian though, it is not a creepy as the Shadow Temple.

The only time it really felt creepy to me was when I played through it for the first time because I didn't know what to expect. While I find the music creepy it's not as creepy as the Shadow Temple theme. In the Shadow Temple, you expect it to be creepy and that kind of downplays the scary atmosphere. You don't expect the Forest Temple to be creepy and that's why it has that reputation.

Yeah, when I was 8, I played through the Forest Temple the first time and I didn't find it that frightening at all.
But it did have a slightly eerie, secluded feel to it, if that’s what people are referring to. It felt haunted I guess. I felt like I had to look behind me once in a while to see if ghosts were following me lol. But it wasn't legit scary.

D

Dud-a-Chum?

In my opinion, that is like asking a Natalie Portman fan, ''what's so pretty about her?''. The only answer is personal opinion, really. Some people find certain types of music scary, others can find it beautiful.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
It has a pretty mysterious feel to it, and it for sure isn't a happy place to be in. IIt is however a great piece of music that I thoroughly enjoy. I brings the temple together, catches your attention, but doesn't distract you from the game play

C

Chubby Luma

I think it's both eerie and beautiful. The sort of empty feel to it, as well as the panicky sound of the Ocarina (Or whatever that was that played every once in a while) at parts. The Temple itself is pretty creepy too.

David

But you called me here...
I love the music for the forest temple. It adds a great sense of mystery to the already dark and cool dungeon. I really like the fade-in-fade-out technique that is used in the theme too. Great music for a great game.

R

Red Dragon

I have never found the Forest Temple scary at all even when I played this when I was younger, the Shadow Temple however to me used to creep me out so much that I had to pass the controller to my Dad most of the time to kill the redeads and such. Though that is going way off topic. :P

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yea, I don't get it either. I don't get scared much by things in Zelda, but my brother who was watching said the music was creepy. I don’t get that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom