• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's So Great About This Game?

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
Well, I'm a positive person, and I like to look at the good stuff. It has been commonly said that Spirit Tracks looks like it's going to be one of the worst Zelda games ever made. (I would have to disagree, CD-I was pretty bad. :lol:)

So what I want to hear from you guys is what you think is going to be good about this game! I know all we have is maybe a trailer or two, but we've been able to get quite a bit of information from it. Plus we can assume that many of the controls/gameplay is going to be similar to Phantom Hourglass.

In this thread, you will NOT be allowed to say something negative about the game without saying something positive. Now don't be a smart mouth and say, "There's nothing good about this game, except that I'm not getting it." or something along the lines. Please, let's keep this thread at a positive feel, as I get the feeling the game will be very looked down upon.

So post away! I'll get my word in later~

P

Pyroco101

my bet's that it'll be just like PH but w/ trains and linear travel

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I think what'll be good about this game will be the train. This will be a new aspect that has never been involved before, and I always love to see new things in Zelda. I think the control of the train and such could completely revolutionise this Zelda game, and in my eyes, make it a great game.

Another thing I am really looking forward to is the whip. We've never seen another item like this, and I think alot could be done with it. It has a lot of potential to say the least.

Finally, I think the story looks like it has a chance of being a real hit. I don't know why, it just looks like it'll be good to me. Noble princess orders hardworking Train conductor on a epic quest. Doesn't get much better than that ;).

Well first things first. You can not say the CD-i Zeldas are bad unless you've played them yourself. If you havn't then, Gannon-banned :D

Anyways, I am not going to judge this game until I have played it myself. Yes the modernized aspects are a touchy subject but let's just see how it turns out.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
I quite enjoyed PH when I forced myself to play it, and so I'm quite positive I'll love this title just as much.

The train seems very interesting to me. Sure, Epona is better, but we've never had a train. If you want to ride Epona load up OoT or TP.

I'll be honest and say I'm not exactly looking forward to ST. Does this mean I already "hate" it? No. Does this mean I'm not going to buy it? No. It just means that as of right now, my expectation are low, which is probably a very good thing. After I compared PH to the other Zelda titles, I realized just how mediocre is really was when you put it up against LA and the Oracles. To me, ST looks nearly identical to PH. The little preview in Nintendo Power recently didn't help. It said "let's hope Spirit Tracks gets a bit more surprising that its overly familiar debut" or something along those lines. So no, I really don't see anything super special about this game so far. But I really hope that I'm proved wrong, and that I'll end up being amazed by it when I can finally play it.

Len

Zelda On Paper
for the first time i heard about the game i though, this should...be not mentioned ok, not bad for a name, but nintendo needs more than a simple cover with an interesting name on it, then when i saw the trailers i think: hey! its not bad at all, but still im going to check it out when it comes to stores!

What I'm looking forward to most (really the only thing I'm looking forward to in ST) is the story. Since WW ended, I wanted to see a game take place on a new land that Link and Tetra would have discovered, and now we get that. So hopefully the storyline will connect back to the end of WW, even though it will have a new Link and Zelda.

P

PimPSlaP

I suppose I am looking forward to ST for the good ol' fashion Zelda adventuring. Even it is getting a tad stale. But why would I belong to 2 Zelda forums if I didn't like the good, old formula.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I'm looking forward to the new weapons. But the one I'm looking forward the most to is the item that lets Link control the Phantom like creatures. I can't wait to solve puzzles, and double team enemies with my new companion. It looked cool in the trailer how the Armor clad ally would block out the flames and you'd have to walk past them at the right time. I'm guessing this item will be in a dungeon, as a dungeon item, so imagine how much fun it'd be taking down a boss like this. The ally stuns the boss and you go in for the kill, or vise versa. Maybe being separated from your ally at the start of the boss fight.

The other weapons I'm looking forward to are the Whip and Leaf Blower thing. I'm mainly looking forward to the leaf item because I've never played Wind Waker, which has a similar item. It'll be fun blowing enemies into holes of doom, and it'd also be cool if there was one gigantic puzzle, where you had to use the leaf to blow a key through all kinds of obstacles (like fire, and spikes.)

The whip seems really cool because you might be using it to grab onto things and stun enemies while your buddy finishes them off. That'd be cool. Presuming the whip is a dungeon item too, I'd like to see the boss that involves using the whip to defeat. It'd be really fun. On to that: It'd be cool if there were two floors in the boss room, you start at the top, and the boss at the bottom, you have to pull things down from the walls to stop the beast from getting up the stairs, and if it manages to get up the stairs before you can stun it, it'll knock you off then jump on you. :xd: I can't wait for all of these items.

Apart from weapons, I'm also looking for new characters, and seeing Zelda on the DS. Hopefully there are many places to explore and touching new characters to meet. I'd also really like if you could travel to a different land after you beat the game by boat. Sorta like in Pokemon Silver, Gold and Crystal. So you can actually save after you beat the game, and there are special side quests over there. I also want to see Train parts, like Boat parts, but with actual effects. Like: "Is slow, but has a lot of HP" or "Extremely fast but weak" and things like that.

I am really looking forward to this one. I have many positive thoughts about it, and I think I'll enjoy it even if it turns out exactly like PH. I'm certainly looking forward to the story, to see how it turns out and how it works as a sequel to WW/PH. Another thing is the items. PH didn't have any completely new items, just new ways to use old ones, so I have high hopes that ST will remedy that. And it looks as if we might be in luck, seeing as we've seen at least two new items so far.
Other than that, I'll just enjoy playing a Zelda game that I haven't already beaten at least once.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Sorry to revive a slightly-old thread, but I wanted to give my two-cents >>;

Despite people saying PH was a bit bland, I actually thought it was one of the best puzzle-wise- it really went back to the formulas LttP roots but put it's own stylus-centred spin on them. It's the one I've enjoyed most recdently anyway.

I said on the day it was announced- if ST is anything like PH, it will be awesome imo. I though PH was kind of on the short side, so an extention of the same gameplay is fine by me~

As for thing I specifically like/am looking foward to... probably most the fact that there's no more of that damned ocean... I liked it in WW... but after two games I was getting fed up of blue as far as the eye can see. Of course, ST could be based on one huge island, in which case I will probably scream.

ALso the new items, like the whip as mentioned. Squeee I love getting new gadgets to play with in real life, so new tools on Zelda is like the jackpot. I can't wait to see what will be done with the whip, and new items also means new puzzles because they open up a whole new way of doing things... gah now I'm getting all excited about it. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom