• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask What's So Great About Majoras Mask? (Just Wondering)

D

Danny5329

majoras mask is my favorite zelda game it is really fun and i like how you still get the OOT in it

Well i don't like the game alot, because i like mainquest overside quest i will say it is great. Just cause i had trouble getting into it i can admit it is great just not for me. What Makes it great is the npc's, time limit, and side quests. if you love all of these you will love this game.

Last edited:
People seem to rave over it, and it seems like an OoT clone.I do play it, but what's so great about it?

I'm not entirely sure why you have the opinion that Majora's Mask is a clone of Ocarina of Time. I can understand that they look very similar, but that is due to the fact that they were released within a very short amount of time of each other. Outside of that, I thought that the games felt totally different. Especially due to the difference in what the Ocarina's in each game can do and the time systems.

Obviously, the Ocarina is very similar, but that are similarities with weapons throughout most of the entire Zelda series, so I just see that as a normal thing to do, even more so considering that Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time. And then playing it has several different effects that weren't involved in Ocarina of Time, such as playing the Song of Time in different ways caused time to either speed up, slow down or send you back to the start of the first day.

Then you have the other aspects which are quite uncommon to the series, such as being able to battle the bosses again if you wanted too, and sometimes is necessary to continue in the game. Plus the many side quests which expand the length of time that it takes to complete the game, the overall difficulty and how fun that the game actually is. Alongside the side quests that give you useful masks, whereas in Ocarina of Time the masks were there as a sort of thing to mess around with, they didn't really have much use.

The best difference is the ability to use the race masks, it is quite cool to be able to play as the Deku's, Goron's and Zora's, as each had their own special abilities. It adds an entirely unheard of aspect to the series, and one that I don't imagine we will really be seeing again outside of any Majora's Mask remakes.

I won't go on, since I know of many ways in which I find Majora's Mask to be rather different from Ocarina of Time, many of which make the game to be a great game in my opinion, if not an excellent game.

it is definitely not a copy of OOT at all there is a completely different story line and way to get through the game. i mean yea there are plenty of similar characters in both games but they are completely different

MW7

With how fast it was made, and with the low dungeon count my expectations were low. To date it remains the only Zelda game that completely blew away my expectations. I loved every part of the game from the 3 day cycle to the masks to the sidequests, everything. There are things about the game that I still look back upon and just am amazed at how perfect they are from my perspective. The difficulty is the sweet spot for the series IMO- harder than the rest of the 3d games but not overly difficult. The ability to replay any part of the game without having to start over from the beginning is something that I'm thankful for every day. Such a great game.

I loved Majora's Mask because it had a great story, tons of fun side quests, and an area like Windfall Island where you can interact with tons of NPC's and explore and I love doing that for some reason.

for me Majora's Mask was the N64 game i spent the most time with next to DK64 not only that but Majora's Mask was actually my first Zelda game, and most of the appeal from me is being able to play as the different races like the Zora, Goron, and Deku and the more i started playing other Zelda games the more i appreciated that feature in Majora's Mask because being able to play as these other creatures was just a really nice addition to the game and you're given the abilities and traits of the races as well, you can curl up into a ball and roll as a Goron like you always see them doing, you can swim so much faster and stay underwater for as long as you please like a Zora is meant to be able to do, and of course you can get into flowers like the Deku enemies and salesmen

i also really like that the towns people are actually more involved in what's going on and there's more of a reason to interract with them

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
MM seems like OoT at first, but it really is different. Compared to OoT, MM focuses more on sidequests than on dungeons (and even then, the dungeons are well-designed), so the result is a deeper connection to NPCs throughout the game. MM's story is also much darker than OoT's despite the nearly identical graphical style, a contrast which is brilliant.

S

Slim Shady

it's hard, it's mysterious and dark and the bosses are great and it also has a perfect story arround it.

zellinkda

one of many
I feel the need to make a list...

It's creepy and because it's completely different from ocarina of time. graphics? maybe. but it's completely different. did anyone else notice that this is your end of the world game? It satisfied me when i was over and done with it, and you know, Ocarina of time didn't have a powerful message towards me like MM. sure i got the same "this is awesome" feeling i get when i get done with every other zelda game, but when i finished MM, i felt like crying. it was that beautiful.

It uses some of the same textures as OOT but it is hardly a clone. With the 3 day system, transforming masks, tons of side quests, and just about everyone character has a story. All that together just adds up too one darn good game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom