• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Hero Mode?

Did you choose Hero Mode?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Havn't finished/played the game yet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just finished the game today & it was freakin AWESOME...but when it asked for me to do hero mode, I chose yes even tho it would erase my data. So i just want to kno, other than being able to skip, what are the changes?

rettam

I accidentally the...
-You can skip all cutscenes and most tutorials
-Everything does double damage
-No hearts drop unless you use a Heart Medal, and even then, they're fairly rare
-You can fight Demise in the Lightning Round

I didn't choose hero mode. Couldn't be bothered to lose my progress (which happened to me when I did TWW, was a bit annoyed at the time lol)

will it still delete mine enen if there is open save slots
It doesn't "delete" your game so much as starts your right back at the very beginning but now in Hero Mode. You get to keep all of your bugs and materials, but none of your weapons or items.

-There are NO heart drops AT ALL in hero mode until you find the Heart Medal again, which isn't until Lanayru Desert, so the first bit of the game is quite challenging. Even with the Heart Medal, the Heart drops are still pretty rare in dungeons. In all of the breakable pots that used to contain hearts, there's now nothing. Makes for harder boss battles.
-EVERYTHING causes double damage, including when you run out of air underwater, or when you touch lava or spikey things. Enemies that take one heart off per hit now take TWO. Enemies that used to take two hearts off per hit now take FOUR!
-You get to keep all of your bugs and materials, so upgrading is pretty easy. I was able to max out my upgrades each time I found something new to upgrade, so that's pretty awesome.
-Some characters acknowledge you are in Hero Mode and will give you the option to skip certain things (the snoring Kikiwi at the top of the Great Tree recognizes you and if you select the right answer, will let you skip his cryptic clue about Farore's symbol).
-You can skip almost all cutscenes and establishing shots

The only thing about Hero Mode that I feel like they could have done better with is made it so you could skip things like Loftwing training and took Fi's constant instructions out. If they know we've already been through the game, they shouldn't have Fi telling us every trivial tiny thing again.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I have found a way around this! Copy your save file just before you finish it, and accept to do hero mode in the second one! No problemo Sergio!

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I have found a way around this! Copy your save file just before you finish it, and accept to do hero mode in the second one! No problemo Sergio!

Rofl, and people realize this now? Hahahahahaha...sorry but this is too damn funny!

Oh by the way, people forgot to mention one other thing in Hero Mode. You get to keep your Max-Skyward strike.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
I chose Hero Mode. My only worry is failing miserably several times during the Imprisoned Boss battles.
Besides that I should have an even better time playing in Hero Mode since I might have to come up with better strategies.

Z

Zora_Waterfall

Some dialogue changes with Fi, a Mogma and the Sheikah Stone, and one of your instructors explains what Hero Mode basically is. There is some text change when you get the Goddess Sword and a heart medal.

I would just like to ask, to those who said "lightning round", where exactly in the game does it say that? I'm getting the impression that it's the boss re-battler, but I have never seen "lightning round" mentioned anywhere in the game. Maybe it's different in the European version?

S

sf8

Some dialogue changes with Fi, a Mogma and the Sheikah Stone, and one of your instructors explains what Hero Mode basically is. There is some text change when you get the Goddess Sword and a heart medal.

I would just like to ask, to those who said "lightning round", where exactly in the game does it say that? I'm getting the impression that it's the boss re-battler, but I have never seen "lightning round" mentioned anywhere in the game. Maybe it's different in the European version?

Yeah it's the same thing as the boss re-battler or boss rush mode. Whatever you wanna call it, it's all the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom