1. Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Ganondorf's motivation for wanting the Triforce and world domination?

Discussion in 'Zelda Theory' started by Hero of Pizza Time, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Hero of Pizza Time

Hero of Pizza Time

Rupees:
    ◊1,086
    Hey ZD,

Now I know that almost everything (including Ganondorf himself) indicates that Ganondorf just wants the Triforce because he wants power and money and all that good stuff so he can... um... I don't know, get a luxury sized castle?

No matter how cynical you are, I think we can all agree that nobody would go as far as to destroy an entire world just so they can be in charge for their own benefit unless they have a very serious case of NPD.

I know Ganondorf is supposed to be a reincarnation of Demise but I don't really know much about Demise because I have not finished Skyward Sword and I honestly don't plan to. Regardless, even if Ganondorf shares the same goals as Demise, Demise must have some motivation. What do you all think?

2. YIGAhim

YIGAhim Sole Survivor Forum Volunteer

Rupees:
    ◊16,964
    Ganondorf wants the triforce to help his kingdom and get revenge on Hyrule, as stated by himself in WW.

Demise, I don't remember to be honest

Hero of Pizza Time likes this.
  3. Jason The Axemaskman

Jason The Axemaskman ~ Deus' Pug Smuggler ~

Rupees:
    ◊4,085
    Suprisingly Ganondorf and Demise don't share much in common. Demise wanted the Triforce for some motive to kill the gods, and since Demise might be classified a god level being himself, I doubt he could have used the Triforce. So I assume his motive was the destroy the Triforce and this was some measure that had to be undergone to really kill them?

Ganondorf never expresses hatred for the gods as a motivation for his aspirations to gain the Triforce, yet he is the recepiant of the Hate Curse clearly, and BotW confirmed that. It seems Ganondorf is driven by his own goals.

4. Moe the Moblin

Moe the Moblin Low-Hanging Fruit

Rupees:
    ◊172
    The way ganondorf speaks and acts in wind waker and ocarina of time respectively give me a sense of entitlement
    Growing up in the gerudo desert he "coveted" hyrule
    His motivations are purely out of self/racial interest and honestly if we had more historical context regarding the gerudo it wouldn't be hard to justify his takeover of hyrule
    Adult portion of oot already displays ganondorfs endgame. That was all he wanted. He isn't greedy or maniacal, he's ruthless and determined, and even more importantly, he feels his cause is justified.

I don't remember much about demises monologue but I think it was largely a feud between him and hylia that hylia was seriously worried about?

5. Castle Online

Castle Ch!ld0fV!si0n

Rupees:
    ◊6,934
    Ganondorf was raised the sole male in a society of women utterly devoted to him by two crazy @$$ psychotic old crones who raised him hylia knows what.

There was just no way this kid was ever going to turn out okay.

Combine that with what appears to be an overdeveloped sense of ambition, not to mention his remarkable guile and cleverness, and you've got the makings of a guy who was practically destined to set his sights on all of the greatest things he's not supposed to have and make them his.

Hero of Pizza Time and Deus like this.
  6. Spirit

Spirit

Rupees:
    ◊41,354
    Both Demise and the G-man are just asses.

Hero of Pizza Time and Satan like this.
  7. Jason The Axemaskman

Rupees:
    ◊4,085
    He never really made the lives for the Gerudo better. Just look at OoT, he was the undisputed King of Darkness for 7 years, and the Gerudo are still living in the Gerudo desert. He could have remarkably improved their lives, letting them migrate into Hyrule itself. Nope, he just left them in the desert.

8. the8thark

the8thark

Rupees:
    ◊17,974
    He's the only male Gerudo right? It takes a lot of power to subdue all those women into being his reproducing slaves. The triforce of power helps him with this.

9. Hero of Pizza Time

Hero of Pizza Time

Rupees:
    ◊1,086
    Actually that's a pretty good point. It's not like he would develop empathy or a moral sense if he was raised in such an awkward fashion. That coupled with his natural lust for achievement explains a lot.

10. Castle Online

Castle Ch!ld0fV!si0n

Rupees:
    ◊6,934
    SEE ninty?? We never needed any stupid "Demise" Oh! The Dorf's just possessed by the spirit of some primordial demigod who's really pissed that he almost didn't take over proto-hyrule and he would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids!!!

11. Jason The Axemaskman

Rupees:
    ◊4,085
    Well I feel like Demise's Hate Curse was supposed to explain why Ganondorf gets reincarnated. The explanation before SS was sufficient though, everyone pretty much figured there was some cycle occuring, likely due to the Triforce, and we were content with that.

Castle likes this.
  12. Castle Online

Castle Ch!ld0fV!si0n

Rupees:
    ◊6,934
    Everything about Skyward Sword is stupid. Even the name. I'd swear ninty was trolling us if I thought they had any self awareness.

A better name would have been The Legend of Zelda: Unnecessary Exposition, because that's what literally everything about it is.

13. Hero of Pizza Time

Hero of Pizza Time

Rupees:
    ◊1,086
    Skyward Sword=The Phantom Menace of the Zelda series.