• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Whats Better Hookshot OR Grappling Hook?

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Well both have the same basic functionality: carry Link across gaps...

But of course they have "side effects". For example the Grappling Hook lets you stay hanging from the pole or whatever your tied in, and go up and down and swing in any angle you want. Also the Grappling Hook could be used while sailing to recover hidden treasure chest; and of course it can steal drops from enemies. The bad side, it hardly does any damage, so.

As for Hookshot/Longshot it did make damage, a reasonable amount, and it can "hook" to pretty much any surface (wood). Aside from that, it is the only item that can be used below water.

So they both have their advantages there is not a better one, but maybe that best thought of. In that case I would go with the Hookshot because of its damage, transporting ablities, and the simple fact you can use it anywhere.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Double. Clawshots. FTW :D

The Grappling Hook is fun and it's useful in the sea I'll give it that, but the Hookshot is just way cooler. Not only that, in TP you get the "double clawshots" which allows you to spiderman through the Sky Temple! :D I mean what's cooler than Link pretending to be Spiderman? :D

OH wait, sorry this is a thread about Wind Waker :P

Ignore that post then :D

I still prefer Hookshot though ;)

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
Honestly in my opinion they both are equal but the grappling hook is a little better. By that I mean that the hookshot played the same role like in OoT and the grappling Hook played a more distinctive role. Im saying that it helped you in more than one way. It let you swing across gaps,bring up sunken treasure., speaking of sunken treasure with out the grappling hook the Triforce hunt would be Impossible! So they both are equally good but the grappling hook helped you a lot more.!

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
I think the grappling hook is better because it was something new at the time. The hookshot is fun and it looks cool, but it was in 4 games (ALTTP, LA, OoT, and MM) before Wind Waker. The hookshot doesn't have much use against enemies, because it pulls you to them (try that against a redead) or pulls them to you. The grappling hook lets you steal items and rupees, as we all know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom