• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask What...

L

LinkRoxas

is the story behind this "Link" figure...

untitled121.jpg

or there is no story behind it...

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Are you asking if it is part of the actual story of Majora's Mask or are you asking if there is a theory?

L

LinkRoxas

Both please if you can! :wave: Mostly the theory part...

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
As far as I know there is no meaning to the statue other than its just a statue version of Link and as far as theories go, I doubt there are any.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The story behind it?

Well, here's the official story:

You who bring light into darkness, I am the King of Ikana Kingdom, Igos du Ikana. The spellbinding that had been cast upon us was broken by that light which you carry. To return true light to this land, you must seal the doors of Stone Tower where the winds of darkness blow through. But Stone Tower is an impenetrable stronghold. Hundreds of soldiers from my kingdom would not even be able to topple it. It is far too reckless for one to take on such a challenge. ...And so... I grant to you a soldier who has no heart. One who will not falter in the darkness. This soldier who has no heart is your twin image. A shell of yourself that you will shed when your song commands it.
Now, you might ask... how is the shell created? What is the shell? Well, I'm guessing that it's created from some kind of energy... perhaps the same kind of energy used to create the undead, but used differently. The interesting fact is that this... might make sense. All three of Link's other forms are ghosts. Perhaps each "spirit" is able leave an empty shell of itself. Almost like a counterpart to the masks, which seal the spirit and transform their host into something with the same abilities.

But ultimately, this explains what the statue is. It's a heartless twin of Link, shed by him though the power of the Ikana King, transmitted through the Elegy of Emptiness.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I once had a really cool idea for what the statue meant, and even posted it on this site, but I completely forget what it is that I said. Sorry, useless post.

Ultimately, the only explanation for the "WTF" appearance is thus: They wanted to make him look creepy. All the statues generated by the Elegy of Emptiness were twisted in appearance, and combined with Athenian's quote that makes sense. It was a surreal and disturbing part of the game, so it worked well there.

Also, Athenian's quote makes me think... It would have been cool, given the description they gave, if the Elegy of Emptiness actually had generated a soldier of some kind instead of just a little statue to stand on switches for you. I would have liked something a bit more bad-***, like something that could fight or at least be controlled in a way similar to the Dominion Rod from TP, perhaps? Just a thought. :hmm:

L

LinkRoxas

DUDE!!! That pic. scared the heck out of me! D:
Its looks cute! :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom