• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Games Got You Into The Series?

The game that got me started was Phantom Hourglass. It wasn't only my first Zelda game but one of my first games ever. After PH I played Twilight Princess then oot, wind waker, minish cap, the remade game boy original first Zelda, then majoras mask and skyward sword

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Well first it was WindWaker, i then got A Link to the Past for the Gameboy advance, i started likeing the games, i got Ocarina of Time and suddely i was hooked to the series.

Z

Zeldacelli

Wow okay...this is slightly embarrassing, but let's really rock the boat: Skyward Sword

I know, I know. But I recently only discovered video games, because I never had any growing up. My boyfriend is a huge Zelda fan, he even has a rather unique and excellent triforce tattoo and two other friends with the same one. My parents got a Wii for Christmas of last year, and shortly after I sat down with the boy when he played SS for the first time. We were there for hours figuring out the puzzles together and I was never bored for a second! That's when I knew I had to have it! Shortly after I played the game myself fanatically, researched tons of Zelda theory and I'm currently in the midst of Twilight Princess. When I go back to school in the fall I'm going to buy an N64 so I can play Ocarina of Time and all the other N64 games. I'm hooked :]

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Ocarina of Time, but it wasn't the first one i played. Once apon a time I saw it at a friends house, he rode his horse, time traveled and played some mini games, I thought that was awesome. But the first game I played was about a year later, I got a hold of Links Awakening DX, I wanted it cause it was zelda because I saw Ocarina before and it was awesome so the gameboy game might be awesome too, and it was. So I've been a fan ever since.

Year later i got to finally own Ocarina of time, got stuck in the deku tree... so that was put on hold for ever. (YES I know the first dungeon i got stuck, but I tried jumping on the webs and it didn't work, so i figured that couldn't be right) A friend at school eventually told me what i was supposed to do, mind you back then having the internet was rare. So i played it and eventually beat it. Even though Links Awakening was my first game, OoT still holds way more nostalgia. It was the first game I saw, and it took me so long to beat it cause I'd get stuck some times, or I'd just play mini games, or ride around on my horse, and don't forget searching for those spiders in all corners of the map.

D

Donaldthe5

for me it was link to the past on gamboy advance... my friend would play it all the time so i decided to get it for myself and it was great. its not my ultimate fav of the series but it's one of the best :)

P

PLZFE

First Zelda game I played was the Wind Waker and I enjoyed the game and went on to play Ocarina of Time but, I wasn't hooked on the series until Twilight Princess. (Which is odd because I still think both the Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time are better games.)

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
For me, it was Ocarina of Time. And I'm actually kind of glad it was that specific game because, in my opinion, OoT is the shining gem of the series. Playing that got me thinking differently about video games all together and led me to the other Zelda titles. It also brought me here, to ZD, so I'd say OoT had the biggest influence on my life of any video game. It's an awesome game and worthy to have been my first Zelda.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
'Twas the first Zelda game that I played, o' course: Ocarina of Time. My initial interest came from seeing this "Link" character in the original Super Smash Bros. Eventually, I tracked down his game of origin, and the rest, as they say, is history.

K

Kody7

A Link to the Past. but i was young and was terrible at it. OoT was when i REALLY got hooked. By the way, links awakening is such an underrated game. so fun. had the original and never played it much. traded it for the dx version and then really loved it.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
Twilight Princess. It was the first Zelda game I played. I loved it! I was also going through a very depressive state at that time so it kept me content. It got me hooked on the series for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom