• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Games Got You Into The Series?

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
Me? I was, oddly enough, introduced with Twilight Princess. I heard a lot of people mention Ocarina of Time so it seems Ocarina of Time is a beginner game. Next, was actually Majora's Mask, weird. Then I heard of another Zelda game just like it (OoT). Played that, played another, then I was just in love with the series. <3 :)

Last edited:
Ocarina of time was what got me (and my family) into the Zelda series. Some employees of an electronics store recommended it to my dad when he expressed his interest in deciding to get into video games, and from then on we all became lifelong Zelda fans. It's definitely a title that means a whole lot to me and to my whole family as well. :> <3

It was Ocarina of Time for me. My cousins had it and they let me borrow it because I would not stop talking until I got my hands on it. I've been hooked ever since.

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
Even though Spirit Tracks and Twilight Princess were my first games (I know I got introduced a bit late to the series in comparison to most of the people here), what me really got hooked on the series was Minish Cap. The GBA was my first and favorite game console and The Minish Cap is my favorite game for it. It's also my favorite Zelda and the first one I've beaten. I love that game to death....

tlozoot

the evil even Link fears
Ocarina of time but i think that's obvious it was the first Zelda game i played and i was sold almost immediatly.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time got me into Zelda. ALttP and MM got me further hooked, then Zelda Classic drove the memo deep inside my brain =)

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Phantom Hourglass was my first Zelda game. I then played the Wind Waker, which had me hooked on the series. That's how I got to be who I am today!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well, when I was four years old I received a Nintendo 64 for Christmas and with it I got the two games that I had asked for. They were: Banjo Kazooie and of course The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I'd seen the game played at my cousins and after seeing him play I knew that I must be able to have my own. I was intrigued by the story and of course the world of the game itself because never having played any video game before it was incredibly rich and detailed with many different characters and places to explore. For the first week I attempted to find a different route to the Deku tree because the Deku Babas scared me. Failing in that I managed to pluck up the courage to get past them. Then I really started to get into the story of the game. I particularly liked Ganondorf although he was terrifying at the time (I always liked the villains) and he has been my favourite villain ever since. After probably a year two I managed to complete the game and I often enjoyed starting again for another playthrough.

I thought OOT would be a one off game. I did not know games had sequels back then however I came across an article in a Nintendo magazine that had been given to me that told me of the upcoming Zelda Gaiden. I never saw that game in shops, and that was because the game was renamed Majoras Mask which I fortunately stumbled across later on in a second hand bin in GAME. The story outlined on the back of the box seemed very familiar with the moon crashing down, so I bought the game. From when it started I instantly recognised the scene from screenshots in my magazine and I then knew that this was in fact Zelda Gaiden which I had been so excited for.

Ever since then Zelda has been my favourite series and I have always been on the lookout for new Zelda games.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Wow. Ocarina of Time definitely seems like the real attraction of the series. It makes me happy to know for me it was different ;)

My first Zelda game was A Link to the Past, but it didnt really get me hooked. What attracted me to the Zelda Series in general was Twilight Princess. I loved it so much it got me to try OoT and all the other games in the series.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Wind Waker. Me and my dad played it all the time. I remember I hand drew a map of the ocean with the triforce pieces and heart pieces. And Wind Waker was challenging when I was 7, so, yeah.

S

Seby

I was around 10 when my parents bought me Legend of Zelda as a Christmas gift. I've been hooked ever since! :D

Z

zeldake

Orcarina of Time. We got an N64 and my father bought OoT because he had heard good things about it. It became a family thing for my dad, my brother and I to play every night. Then came Majora's Mask(which we never finished, Dad found it too hard), Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. We've mainly played the console games.

Orcarina of Time will always be my favorite <3

The very first Zelda game I played was Phantom Hourglass. No lie. I used to think Zelda was just another stupid JRPG. I never knew it was made by Nintendo. One day in Gamestop, I saw PH used, and went, "Aw, it can't be that bad. And it wasn't. (At the time) It was the best DS game I ever played. Of course, then, I picked up ST without hesitation, and then... Ocarina of Time 3D came out. I saved money for months. And then... I played it. It was the absolute best video game I had ever played, without a doubt. Then my sister got sucked into it. I mean, they're great games and all, but... she doesn't seem to reaize that. She thinks it's a way of life. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom