• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda game would you like to see get the next remake?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
In the past decade, the Zelda series has seen remakes be made of some older titles (LA, OoT, MM) as well as some newer titles (WW, TP). In most cases, these remakes have improved on the original titles and become the definitive versions of these games. Of the games that haven't been remade yet, which ones would you like to see get the remake treatment next?

I would like to see Skyward Sword get remade to play without having to use motion controls first and foremost (a mutable Fi and optional tutorials and info boxes wouldn't hurt either). I think that would really make a lot of people who disliked the game appreciate it more. I can understand why it was frustrating for people trying to just enjoy the game back then have the inaccuracy of the motion controls ruin their experience.

A couple of games I hope/want to see remade would be OoX, FS/FSA, and MC

OoX - I'd like to see a similar style to LA(switch)
FS/FSA - I'd at least like to see an online mode
MC - same as OoX

I have heard a rumor, which like any other rumor, I'm taking with a grain of salt, is that TP, WW, and SS are coming to the switch ad a bundle.

As for ST and PH I'm also wanting to see them as well. Graphics could be tweeked up. Other than that I'd be interested to see what the Big N does with those two titles.

I've got two but I can't decide and can't include them because they'd end up being very different from what they currently are.

I want an Adventure of Link remake in the style of Odin Sphere but I'm not sure if that'd count as a remake so much as a complete revision.

I'd also want Phantom Hourglass remade fully in 3D which wouldn't be a remake either, I suppose.

So the one game I'd be happiest to be remade in the traditional sense of just QoL enhancements and prettier graphics is....

The Oracle games.

I'd like the QoLs that LA2019 brought in for those two games, I'd like both games and the linked post game to be in all one package too for value.

I'd like a different artstle to LA2019 though, I didn't much like the Happy Meal toy-like look of it.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'd like the QoLs that LA2019 brought in for those two games, I'd like both games and the linked post game to be in all one package too for value.
I think it would be pretty inexcusable if Nintendo released Oracle remakes as separate games, just like I think the LA remake was overpriced for the lack of new content and length.

I think it would be pretty inexcusable if Nintendo released Oracle remakes as separate games, just like I think the LA remake was overpriced for the lack of new content and length.

That's a big reason why I want them to be honest, I can't see them not being in one package and I want value for my money.

I'm actually not the biggest fan of the Oracle games but I think they can be saved with some tweaking and look great in HD of they get a good art style so I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

They're pretty much the only games I wouldn't completely change for a remake.

(I wouldn't change ALttP either, but we have ALBW so I kind of don't think it'll be considered for a remake just yet)

MW7

I'd want Skyward Sword as my first choice because I think there are a lot of simple changes that could go a long way towards improving the game (like removing treasure notifications, letting you skip cutscenes in normal mode, and changing swimming, flying, and the harp to non-motion controls). Skyward Sword didn't reach many gamers (less than 4% of Wii owners bought it probably due to the Wii Motionplus requirement), and a remake could go a long way towards expanding its reach.

Phantom Hourglass would be my next choice because I think it could be greatly enhanced with normal controls. It would have made more sense on the Wii U, but it could still work. I'm imagining something like Super Mario Galaxy star bit controls where you use the Joycons to draw things on the screen as a replacement for the stylus controls. Movement would just be a normal joystick. I decided to randomly replay it this week instead of replaying Breath of the Wild, and I really am enjoying it. The Temple of the Ocean King is underrated in my opinion, and I love how it's the random Zelda game in the 2000s decade to give you some freedom in dungeon progression. I beat the last three dungeons in reverse order and it was fun mastering the Temple of the Ocean King in order to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom