• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda game made you a fan for good?

Honestly, what sold me on the series wasn't even a game. It was the Hyrule Historia. I completely fell in love with the series just from that book, I read it front to back so many times before I had even played a single zelda game.
As far as games go though if I had to pick one I would say OoT. It was the first Zelda game I played. Most action/fighting games I played before that point I had been terrible at. But as for OoT, I was actually able to beat the enemies and bosses and eventually the game. Starting with that game The Legend of Zelda basically completed my dream of being a gamer. The story and game set up were phenomenal as well.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My very first game was PH. Then I played TP but didn't finish it until 2 years later. After I left TP temporarely I played and finished WW, OoT, ST but I think PH got me hooked to the franchise because after that I only wanted to play as much Zelda games as possible and finish them! Funny actually because PH isn't my fav Zelda game but it's the culprit of my Zelda addiction :P

My first Zelda was Oracle of Seasons, and I dabbled briefly with OoT and MM at a friend's house, but what actually got me into the series was Wind Waker. That was the first Zelda game I ever beat, and after I finished it I wanted more. Now I've played every game in the main series, and even a few of the spinoffs.
thats great i HAVENT PLAYED WINDWAKER!! buuut i ordered a copy of it three days ago lol, just waiting to open up my mailbox and find that gamecube game shaped box!!!

Im not really sure. Phantom Hourglass was my first and that made me wanna try more games. I guess Ocarina of Time being my third one was what finally got me hooked? Once you get to the third game and you wanna keep going I guess that's where I'd draw the line.
Absolutely and I have to get to phantom hourglass still but I played the original and the sequel as a kid, thennnn a link to the past made me a fan for sure but I didn't experience N64 properly so I never really got to play oot or mm , I stopped gaming for about 20 yrs, got around to botw and links awakening remake and I am hooked been collecting every game I want in the franchise slowly but surely! And more lmao

My very first game was PH. Then I played TP but didn't finish it until 2 years later. After I left TP temporarely I played and finished WW, OoT, ST but I think PH got me hooked to the franchise because after that I only wanted to play as much Zelda games as possible and finish them! Funny actually because PH isn't my fav Zelda game but it's the culprit of my Zelda addiction :P
Isn't it crazy how REAL Zelda fever is it took me over but it's gonna help me downsize in my collecting being all over the place for numerous systems , it's bad in just a few months with this condition we have , I have three Zelda t shirts, Zelda headphones, 2 books, a Zelda wallet, Zelda stickers covering anything with sticker potentialand then all the games I've collected to modify my minis , my biggest orders yet have been TOTK and in waiting on my CIB WIND WAKER FOR GC

Isn't it crazy how REAL Zelda fever is it took me over but it's gonna help me downsize in my collecting being all over the place for numerous systems , it's bad in just a few months with this condition we have , I have three Zelda t shirts, Zelda headphones, 2 books, a Zelda wallet, Zelda stickers covering anything with sticker potentialand then all the games I've collected to modify my minis , my biggest orders yet have been TOTK and in waiting on my CIB WIND WAKER FOR GC
4 Zelda t shirts forgot I ordered a totk shirt

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
4 Zelda t shirts forgot I ordered a totk shirt
Oh I completely understand! I got a couple of figurines, posters, a mug, plushies and even my hobbies are Zelda related :D

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
Mine was Orcarina of Time (N64). I remember picking it up on the day it was released, putting that cartridge in the console, and when the opening screen played I was transfixed. I played the game as one in a trance, logging in hour after hour exploring, accomplishing the quests of the main story, fishing, and just riding Epona. Back then it felt as massive of an open world as BOTW and TOtK.

Last edited:

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition on the GameCube.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask became instant favorites. And also I had found out after hearing a review for Majora's Mask 3D's unnecessary alterations from the original game (Deku Link skipping being broken, Zora Link swimming consuming magic) that the ability to save your progress at any time at an Owl Statue did not exist in the original N64 version but does exist in the GC version... so I guess the best way to play Majora's Mask is on the GameCube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom