• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Game Have You Replayed the Most?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Zelda games have a lot of replay value, some of them I enjoy so much that I can replay them at least once a year, maybe more.

I started to think, which game have I replayed the most, and I was wondering what others would say to the question, and what estimate they'd give on the number of total replays. For me it's Ocarina of Time, I replayed it a lot when I was younger, and I've gone back to it almost every year since. I'd guess I've replayed it over 20 times by now.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Probably BotW or WW for me. I’ve only “finished” two proper playthroughs of BotW, but I’ve spent a fair bit of time in Master Mode as well.

I’d say Wind Waker is much more easily replayable for me though given the difference in game structure, even if I’ve completed the same amount of playthroughs for that game as BotW as well.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Probably BotW or WW for me. I’ve only “finished” two proper playthroughs of BotW, but I’ve spent a fair bit of time in Master Mode as well.
BotW is such a big game and has so much to do that going back to the same playthrough can feel like a replay on it's own, but I've only ever done 2 full replay attempts: Master Mode and my current normal replay.

MW7

Ocarina of Time 50-60+ I've beat it a minimum of once a year but usually much more often and have gone through speedrunning phases. Once I beat it 3 straight days.
Majora's Mask 20-25 At least beaten it once a year but a little more often than that
Wind Waker 10-20 I play it about once a year
A Link to the Past 10-15 I started playing this long after it released but have played it at least once a year since probably 10 years ago
Legend of Zelda 10-15 I play this every once in a while and it's really short so I may be undercounting it
Twilight Princess 10-15 I have played this probably just less than once a year since release
Link's Awakening 10-15 Would be higher but my first playthough took like 7 years to complete
Skyward Sword 8-10 I played it probably 5 times immediately when it came out and then let it sit for a while but have replayed it a few times in recent years
A Link Between Worlds 5-7 I've beaten it pretty regularly since release but it's not that old
Adventure of Link 5-7 I've beaten it several times but definitely not as much as other games
Breath of the Wild 5 Super new and super long. I finished a playthrough of all 16 games listed during 2020 and my replay of BotW took more time than everything else combined.
Minish Cap 2 Didn't have a way to play it for a very long time
Phantom Hourglass 2 Didn't have a way to play it for a very long time
Spirit Tracks 1 Didn't have a way to play it for a very long time
Oracle of Ages 1 First playthough took forever and quit. Finished for the first time last year
Oracle of Seasons 1 First playthough took forever and quit. Finished for the first time last year

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
probably BOTW! I remember playing Ocarina and Majora quite a lot but i don't think i finished them that often. Short attention span!! but BOTW you can be like "okay i'm done now, time to end!" since you have that freedom. so i found myself going back to it much more since when I'm kind of done with it I can finish it, feel accomplished, then just go back to it again one day! Rather than leave countless half-done saves in my wake. :3

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I reply OoT a LOT. I've only beaten it once, but it seems to be my go-to game whenever I have nothing else to play. I've also replayed MM, BotW, and LA but not nearly as often. Zelda games just aren't very re-playable in general because once you know the answer to a puzzle it's hard to forget it. That sometimes takes the fun out of doing it again.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I don't remember for sure, but I think it'd be Ocarina of Time. It was my first Zelda-game, and I own 3 versions of it (N64, Collector's Edition on Gamecube and the 3DS Version). I've played MM a fair amount too, but I didn't own it for as long as I've had OoT, so I've not played it as many times

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom