• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Game Have You Played First?

Kombatgod

Timeline Exegete
I searched for this thread, but I couldn't find it, so I decided to start it: what's the first Zelda game you ever played? I'm only talking about the main 16 games, so if you happened to play a Tingle game first, or Link's Crossbow Training first, or your interest in the Zelda series started with Super Smash Bros. it doesn't count. You'll have to pick the first Zelda you played after it.

I expect younger players to have played more recent titles, but who knows. I'm also curious to see if there are some new generation Zelda fans who played Skyward Sword first.

For istance, mine is The Legend of Zelda. I think I tried it sometime back in the early 90s, but it's the first I ever owned anyway in like 2002.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I also agree that SS first players are pretty interesting. I wonder what situations they were in as far as gaming goes; SS is at the end of the Wii's life so...maybe they just wanted something to dust their Wii off with? Maybe they just wanted something new?

S

Skyloft Knight

My first Zelda title was Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link and i loved it despite how it basically became the black sheep of the series. It was later on when I was a teenager that I replayed it and actually beat it. Definitely the most difficult Zelda title IMO.

The first LoZ game I played was The Wind Waker. Shortly after that, I played both the Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time (Gamecube version). I've been a fan ever since.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
My brother got The Wind Waker for his 16th birthday, and being the nice older brother he was (don't get me wrong. He still bugs me at times), he made a game with my name on it. Not only was The Wind Waker my first Zelda game, it was the first video game I ever played, and I was hooked for life. Although I was playing The Wind Waker since I was 6, I'm not one of those idiots who consider The Wind Waker a "child's game". I get really ticked off when people who haven't even PLAYED the game say it, because when you see the final battle, you WILL be proved wrong.

H

HarvestMoonGod

First Zelda Game I played was OOT when I was six and I didn't what to do

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
You know, considering how I was 6 at the time I first played The Wind Waker, I didn't know how to use L-targeting. Try taking down Gohdan when you know nothing on L-targeting. It was hard as hell, but I did it.

The first Zelda game I got was TP (when I was 10), but I remember playing AoL and ALttP before that. I also remember watching my friend's older brother playing OOT. That same friend told me what OOT was about and that it was one of the best games of all time (But many of the things I remember he told me weren't true at all). Years later, I read some good reviews about TP, so I got it (it was my first Wii game) and I loved it.

My first Zelda games were Zelda 1 and Adventure of Link on the NES. Not sure which one I technically played first, but I discovered the series with those two games.
I really got into the series with A Link to the Past though.

I never owned a Zelda game though until Link's Awakening DX

I played A Link to the Past as my first game, it was the zelda game that got me into zelda actually. So many good memories from that game as a child, really happy A Link to the Past was the game that got me into zelda, because its really good!

First Zelda I ever played? The Wind Waker (a demo on the collector's edition cd)
First Zelda I played to actually beat? Ocarina of Time

TNinja

Of the Gorons
the first zelda game i played was the minish cap, it was so fun to play, and it really tested my logic, since the ability to go into minish size added another feature to zelda's arsenal of puzzles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom