• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Game Did You Have Fun Exploring in the Most?

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I would have to say.... Majora's Mask.

Mainly because I've only ever played it once.
Everything was new to me, since I had seen my friends play and beat Ocarina Of Time dozens of times.
And I LOVE N64 graphics. For me, it was really neat playing a game on the N64 that I've never seen before.
I don't know why, but I really really enjoyed exploring Termina.... Despite the fact I was utterly freaked out by Dexihands -shiver-
(and the link statue, formed from the Elegy of Emptiness) its freaky o.o

I think I should add though, that I haven't played Majora's Mask until a few months ago.
(I never had the game until just recently)

T

TimeLovesAHero

Favorite to explore was oot, probably because it was my first Zelda experience. Also oot 3d was awesome just to see my favorite Zelda world in 3d for the first time, Skyward Sword was fun to explore too. Majoras Mask was good, but I wish Termina field would've been bigger but it was good.

S

SirSchmoopy

Twilight Princess. It made me feel so free and unbound by anything

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Twilight Princess! I love the size of Hyrule Field and the atmosphere of it; it's such an immersive, beautiful world I love to lose myself in. Other than that, Wind Waker because of all the different islands with their different events and purposes. However, sailing on the Great Sea sucks.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I'd have to say MM is my favorite games to explore. Its overworld is very diverse and is constantly changing; and there is almost always something new for you to do or new people to interact with at different times. I also enjoyed exploring the overworlds in the Oracle titles for similar reasons.

How people can say OoT I'll never know. It was so uneventful....

I completely agree. As much as I love OoT, the overworld wasn't always the most interesting or exiting to me, except for the occasional sidequesting.

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
My original answer was TP but that was prior to my purchase and completion of SS. The water color paint effect was amazing in that game and even though it gets bashed for how unopen the world is, I loved the fact that it went back to its roots where enemies are everywhere you go. I could go on, but I think you guys get my point.

I have to go with WW, I was always sailing around the Sea to find islands, And every island had it's own secrets. I just loved that freedom :)
In SS they had the space to hide some big secrets, but there was really nothing to do up there. I spent some time on flying around but there weren't so many Islands where you could do anything. So I ended up just flying between skyloft and the next destination, like the sky was just unnecessary.

The original Legend of Zelda was surely great for exploration. So were TP, and OOT (yeah the field wasn't big but I loved the skeletons at night, and I also did a lot of running around in the Lost Woods)
But like I said WW wins for me =)

Last edited:
WW, when I had to reach a certain island I made sure to stop at everyone along the way and explore. I could never just sail by an island. The sea was so vast with so many island to explore often times it would take me a long long time to reach my destination. I would never even warp because I didn't want to miss any islands I could explore on the way. Also sailing on the sea and seeing those islands of in the distance just captured my imagination and made me want to see those distant lands...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom