• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Game Did You Have Fun Exploring in the Most?

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
Exploring all the different islands in The Wind Waker was tedious, but also fun. I was quite surprised by the appearance of Gorons, as had no idea that they were even in this game, and they played a big part in the trading side quest. Aside from that, there were many hidden treasures under the sea.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
It's like a tie for me lol.
1. WW because of the great sea and the sailin, I love sailing and I was in the navy and I loved being out to sea.
2. TP because it's just so vast, i never get bored when i'm rideing epona around.
3. SS because yeah it's compact though there is so much to do in a certian area, and it's always changeing. everytime you progress further in to the game somthing cheanges.

Pen

The game is on!
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought of either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask, to me both of those games had some great exploration value. However, as I was thinking of which of them was really the better I came to think of The Wind Waker as well. Then I immediately realized that WW does have a lot greater exploration value than both OoT and MM.

I first played The Wind Waker as a little boy and I always loved to sail around on the Great Sea, to this day I still enjoy it really much and I never get bored by the long distances. There are so many different islands to explore, and the overworld is huge! I also love the Treasure Charts, and to search for treasure out at sea, you really get a fantastic pirate feel to it (or at least I do). So yeah, my answer is definitely WW (after a while of consideration).

My favourite Overworld to explore was TP as the music fitted the theme of the overworld perfectly. It was also the fact that there were a lot of caverns to explore which was pretty awesome :D

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
My top two games to explore would have to be Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. The most significant reason as to why I say these is because of all the little nooks and crannies in the overworld that are hidden away, but they have some minor hints as to what they hold.

Ocarina of Time mainly had its hidden spots in the deep parts of Hyrule Field that you would usually never think to explore (unless you wanted a shortcut from Gerudo Valley or Lake Hylia to Kokiri Forest), and the first time I went to the further out regions of Hyrule Field was just out of curiousity. I got myself quite rich from doing that. :P

As for Twilight Princess, I just went through all the things I saw. I did not look specifically for such hidden things, but when I saw things like spinner tracks and hookshot grapple points, I took use of those and became a rich man (unless I had to put the rupees back). :P

I would have to say either Wind Waker and/or Majora's Mask. Wind Waker has the huge ocean that can take a long time to explore everything. Majora's Mask was just kind of big to me with the other regions that there are and it was really fun looking for stuff in them.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Skyward Sword. While the exploration feel was quite a bit different without open fields, I enjoyed searching every nook and cranny of the provinces to find new things I had previously either completely missed or wasn't able to get to before. Everything having a puzzle element to it just made things more enjoyable to reach for me. And finding the Goddess Cubes and their respective treasure chests was pretty cool, too. I had a blast doing that. (As I did with everything.) Games like OoT and ALttP may be set up better for exploration -- well, mostly ALttP -- but I've never had more fun exploring the terrain of a Zelda game as I have SS.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Hmm, the game I have enjoyed exploring are: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. I think it had such a wonderful places to discover and hidden villages/caves, etc. Aside that you had a lot of envies at each of every step you take, the scenery was just pure amazing it had fit with the game.

geek4887

The Unknown
I probably have to go with the original LoZ. This game set the standard for exploration. Bomb a wall, hey you might get lucky and fine a secret cave. Test your courage and go inside a waterfall, you find a creepy old lady who steals your takes your rupees and gives useless information. You see, everything in this game is about exploration. It's so much freedom, so many things happening, it's just amazing. You can go literally anywhere you wanted to. The Overworld wasn't empty at all. It had so many things going on. It also had a secret teleporter which can be found if you move the correct rock. Let me just say again. This game set the standard for exploration, not only for Zelda, but for the whole gaming industry!

C

cities

Exploring all the different islands in The Wind Waker was tedious, but also fun. I was quite surprised by the appearance of Gorons, as had no idea that they were even in this game, and they played a big part in the trading side quest. Aside from that, there were many hidden treasures under the sea.

Getting those treasures from the rings of light in the ocean was so tedious for me! I never got all of them.
On the other hand, I loved exploring Link to the Past before all of the 3D Zelda's came out.

bunny

birb overlord
For me honestly, The Wind Waker. I even wished the map had been a bit larger. I have countless memories of soaring across the sea... Good times. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom