• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Zelda Character Do You Connect With the Most?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Do you feel as if you're the courageous hero in an epic story like Link? But maybe you have that dark, sassy attitude similar to Midna's? Or are you a free moving spirit who never listens to your parent like Ruto, the princess of the Zoras?

Whoever it may be, there is a Zelda character out there that you can relate to a whole lot. There is that one character that you feel a special bond with.

Who is it for you? (You can pick one or more, I really don't care haha)

(Personally, I'm a Midna girl... ;)) :midna:

I think I've always connected with Malon, from Ocarina of Time. :malon:

Ever since I was little, I saw many similarities between her character and me. She's just so optimistic, even during difficult times. And she's also very passionate about things, which is another similarity with my personality. I honestly would spend much of my spare time visiting her while playing Ocarina of Time, and I have to say that it truly felt like I was visiting a close friend. Malon is probably among my top favorite characters, because of how much of a connection I have with her character.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Telma from Twilight Princess always reminds me of my closest friend. A sassy, flirty, strong woman. I'm also drawn to Cremia, though she reminds me more of myself. I like Midna, because her attitude is what I want to be.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The old man in the cave from LoZ because reasons.

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
Zant.

A lot of it has to do with how I try to present myself. Like Zant, I try to appear calm, cool, and collected. However, much like Zant, that isn't always the case. I've had violent outbursts in the past, and my occasional signs of emotional instability can be blamed on the way in which I internalize my feelings until they fester inside of me and I can't take it anymore. This in particular brings to mind the scene in which Zant throws the tantrum, moments before his, "God," comes to him.

I've always called this particular scene a character-killing moment. I've pointed it as an example of ruining a character within the span of under five minutes. And yet, that's not why I hate that scene. I hate it because I see myself in Zant when he's finally gone over the edge. When those pent up emotions finally overcome him, and he's reduced to but a shadow of the man he once was. It was within that wretched scene that I saw myself, and I didn't realize it until years later.

My demeanor has always been something important to me. I stand tall, walk with a purpose, and try to give the impression of being in control of my life. The reality is that I don't have my life together. I'm scared of the future. I'm scared of being nothing. I'm scared of failing. I'm scared of finding myself on my knees, screaming and cursing the world like Zant. Throughout Twilight Princess, we see a similar demeanor from him. His indifference, yet striking confidence, is evident. And yet, behind the scenes, he's a wreck. I feel like I understand him more than I ever will understand many other people.

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
I feel the most connected to Komali from The Wind Waker. His character progression through the game really reminds me of my own life. When I was younger I was very shy and sensitive, but that sort of grew away with time, just as how Komali matured towards the end of the game.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Zant.

A lot of it has to do with how I try to present myself. Like Zant, I try to appear calm, cool, and collected. However, much like Zant, that isn't always the case. I've had violent outbursts in the past, and my occasional signs of emotional instability can be blamed on the way in which I internalize my feelings until they fester inside of me and I can't take it anymore. This in particular brings to mind the scene in which Zant throws the tantrum, moments before his, "God," comes to him.

I've always called this particular scene a character-killing moment. I've pointed it as an example of ruining a character within the span of under five minutes. And yet, that's not why I hate that scene. I hate it because I see myself in Zant when he's finally gone over the edge. When those pent up emotions finally overcome him, and he's reduced to but a shadow of the man he once was. It was within that wretched scene that I saw myself, and I didn't realize it until years later.

My demeanor has always been something important to me. I stand tall, walk with a purpose, and try to give the impression of being in control of my life. The reality is that I don't have my life together. I'm scared of the future. I'm scared of being nothing. I'm scared of failing. I'm scared of finding myself on my knees, screaming and cursing the world like Zant. Throughout Twilight Princess, we see a similar demeanor from him. His indifference, yet striking confidence, is evident. And yet, behind the scenes, he's a wreck. I feel like I understand him now than I ever will understand many other people.

Reading this post gave me chills.

I definitely know the feeling...trying to fool everyone by acting cool and calm, even if I'm panicking on the inside.

I've had this problem for the last couple years...Hiding my true emotions because I felt as if I'd come across as weak and sensitive. Although, doing this has made me emotionless in general (not to mention numb). Still, when something does hit me and gets to the core of my emotions, I still feel like I have to hide.

This is really personal, but I used to have a very close guy friend who I really liked, but I was afraid to tell anyone because I felt guilty that I had developed feelings for him. At a party surrounded by all my friends (including him), he started bragging about hooking up with a girl he met a few days ago and all I remember was I couldn't take it anymore (I had feelings for him for 6 years) and I began slapping him very violently in front of all my friends. Luckily, I got to the point where I could stop myself, and he wasn't badly hurt at all.

But for that instance, I just had to let it out, in any kind of form or fashion that I felt was necessary, even though everyone I knew was watching...and everyone would know how I felt.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
That's a difficult question. I think I'm most connected to Colin, from Twilight Princess. At the beginning, he's rather awkward, doesn't quite know how to fit in and is picked on by Malo, Beth and Talo. He also idolises people, like Link, who possess traits that he admires and aspires to have. It wasn't until until Colin was finally able to stand on his own two feet and find out exactly who he was that he finally becomes comfortable simply being himself.

D

Deleted member 14134

Since I'm a queen I'd have to say Zelda. We're both strong independent beautiful women who are of royalty.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Hmm... this a tough question.

I think I'd say Link from Link's Awakening. Why so specific? Link's Awakening at first glance is a very goofy game, but delve deeper and you will find a very deep and in a lot of ways sad story that tells of a Hero trapped in a dream. He meets and befriends lots of different people on his quest but eventually, is forced to come to terms with the harsh reality that eventually, he'll have to wake up and move.

I really feel for Link because in a lot of ways, I experienced my Link's Awakening this last summer when I lived with my cousins and Uncle in Alaska. It was an amazing experience and I made a few really good friends. They mean a lot to me, and I didn't want to leave them. I'm still sad that they're gone now, and that we don't talk or interact the way we used to, but it's okay because they'll always be in my heart. Yes I'm sad they're gone but eventually we all have to wake up and move forward. It's hard but it's what needs to be done. We can't stay trapped in a dream world forever, and like Link in LA, I am coming to terms with this and making my choices in accordance to that. But like Link, I won't forget those I have become close too. And it goes beyond just my trip to Alaska, all my friends I've made hold a special place in my heart, but we can't just live in the past. We need to Awaken, and move forward.

So yeah I feel a personal connection to Link from LA on that front.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I would say Malon.
She a strong woman who don't need no man
She isn't the centre of attention, but she is a kind, humble, and content person, which are traits I value. As I also grew up on a ranch, I connect with Malon's love for animals and the outdoors. Lon Lon Ranch was a location I loved visiting frequently in Ocarina of Time, and still enjoy now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom