• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What would your speedrunning main game be?

Say you are a speedrunner. Even in you're not, pretend you are.
What game would be the one you'd run more than any other to get a great time?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I think if I were to pick a game today to invest time into learning to speedrun, it'd probably be Thief Gold, Thief 2, or both.

I love those games, and speedruns of them are all about knowing the maps, how the AI works, and pretty precise movement rather than lots of glitches and a ton of rng. Plus I like the thought of drawing more attention to them because they're great :rosa:

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
One of the Fire Emblem games, probably. I've already beaten Shadow Dragon in about 2.5 hours before doing a Marth solo run, so I might try something like that for one of the other games as well.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’ve thought about speedrunning before and what games I would do. There’s just one problem

I suck at video games.

I guess if I were to speedrun any game it would probably be the N64 Zeldas, seeing as those are the games that I am at the very least competent at. I also tend to use a lot of speedrunning techniques when playing those games casually like back walking and such.

Spirit Tracks is another contender, but only because close to nobody runs that game, so it would be very easy to get WR on.

Probably either Mario Sunshine or Mario Galaxy. 100% glitchless.
Like these games a lot so wouldn't mind putting in the hours of practice to get good at them.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm certainly not a speed runner, but pretending I were as you say, I think I'd go with Super Mario World. It's the game I've played through the most times and I still finish it at least once per year (using the star road of course).

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The game that I know the best and can complete in around 8.5-9hrs depending on certain factors, without knowing any glitches or exploits, is Star Fox Adventures on the GCN. It’s definitely the game that I’ve played the most over the years since it was one of the first I ever owned.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Probably the Resident Evil 2 remake. It's the only game I've ever come close to speedrunning (gotta finish a campaign in less than two hours and with three or fewer saves) to unlock that glorious S+ rank. Since I'm not actually good at video games, it was incredibly stressful. The plus side is being able to take an infinite ammo rocket launcher or minigun into subsequent playthroughs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom