• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Think of Link and Zelda Getting Married?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
they would make like cute baby Links and Zeldas :P
I doubt they would be that uncreative with their kids' names xD Kids having the same names as their parents is boring and confusing...assuming we're talking about the SS versions, I named their son Fletcher and their daughter Kestrel, going with the avian themed skyloftian names.

Lol but I get what youre saying.

erceos33

8====D Shovel :D
I think getting married is maybe a bit to far since it would take so long after you defeat the evil in the game that it just doesn't looks like its needed at that point, i mean who would get married when there's a evil force trying to conquer the world, I would just like a nice kiss at the end and leave it at that (thanks SS for getting my hopes up and then disappointing me T-T)

Dragoncat

I think getting married is maybe a bit to far since it would take so long after you defeat the evil in the game that it just doesn't looks like its needed at that point, i mean who would get married when there's a evil force trying to conquer the world, I would just like a nice kiss at the end and leave it at that (thanks SS for getting my hopes up and then disappointing me T-T)
You know what that's a good point. But answer me this: wouldnt you just DAAAAWWW if there was a bit of a fast forward sequence at the end, showing a little kid that obviously belongs to Link and Zelda. Bonus points if the kid is getting in trouble.

Kid: *finds unattended sword* Heads up Dad! *raises it toward Link*

Link: O_O NO. Put that down right now! I mean it!

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Well it would fit perfectly with all the story lines, and it would be interesting to have a game where Zelda and Link are already married. I tihkn this could work, I like the idea and it would make for a fun game. :)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
The only game I can really see this in is Skyward Sword seeing as this is the game in which Link and Zelda are most intimately connected, and that they found Hyrule

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I think it would be fine. Nothing I have serious interest with but I don't see a problem with them getting married. Most games have a different Link so the next Link is a different person from a different family. Problem solved.

Technically Link wouldn't be king. Only an actual blood relative can ascend to the throne, the other would just be an honorary prince/princess. Then again, fiction likes to ignore this rule which is why bad guys try to marry princesses.

No. Link and malon would be a better couple!

Or Ilia, in TP but not zelda (except maybe for SS, but other than that I don,t think they would go well together)

Fig

The Altruist
I would love to see Link and Zelda get married! I wonder how their children would look like! o_O I bet they will have four boys that resembles their father and play together and the game they will be playing Four Sword Adventures! XD I crack myself up!

Well sure they could get married, but that doesn't mean you will be king as DuelMark pointed out. Link would just be the husband to the princess (or queen if she was queen by then). Well that is if its set up like the British monarch. Have you ever seen the young victoria? Its kinda a girly movie but in the end the guy who marries her is the husband of the queen and not that important. Even now the Queen Elizabeth II's husband is a Duke, he is not the King. You don't ever hear much about him.

Dragoncat

I would love to see Link and Zelda get married! I wonder how their children would look like! o_O I bet they will have four boys that resembles their father and play together and the game they will be playing Four Sword Adventures! XD I crack myself up!
Lol four boys? Wow...I'd rather see them have one of each. One son and one daughter. Who says girls can't run around with swords and pwn things...

I bet the kids would be blond and blue eyed. The kids I created for the SS Link and Zelda are, but different shades of those colors. Their first born, Fletcher, has his father's dark blond hair and his mother's ice blue eyes.(I think Zelda's eyes were lighter...) Fletcher's younger sister, Kestrel, has light blond hair and regular blue eyes. I even gave them personalities. Fletcher is kinda timid, very much like Fledge, which started a rumor floating around about him being Fledge's son xD Cheating scandals are the LAST thing they need... Kestrel, on the other hand, has a personality that makes it obvious who her father is. She sleeps in long enough to miss breakfast, loses her stuff and tears apart the whole place looking for it, etc.

@ Dr Nedaj: That is an interesting point.

I think Link and Zelda tying the knot would be kinda pointless and nonsensical!
For one thing, in most games there isnt actually any indication that they feel romantically towards eachother.
Secondly, with exceptions, in each game Link and Zelda tend to be a new Link and Zelda, so if they got married it wouldn't carry over to the next game so it would be pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom