• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Think Link's Last Name Would Be?

I have no idea what Link's last name is. I don't think he has one. Maybe nintendo has nade him one and never told us. I think it would be Hojo, because the symbol of the Triforce, most likely came from the family crest of the old Hojo Samurai clan in Japan. :)

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I don't think he has one. If Nintendo knew that Link has a last name, they would at least hinted that Link has a last name. Or what do we know? I always thought that Link never had one.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I always gave Link the last name 'Sword'. Link Sword :lol:

Serious talk though, I don't think he does have (an active) last name - if he did, it would probably be the player's just to stop confusion. We know that Link has parents, and they probably have a last name depending on how old they are. But, since the games never make a mentioning towards Link's parents' names, we won't know if he has a last name for a while it seems.

DelGado. As for a middle name, I think Hans. Actually, in all seriousness, I don't think he really has one. but, "Link Hans DelGado" kind of rolls off the tongue. Don't you think?

Garo

Boy Wonder
Link Deschain. Link Baggins. Link Stark. Link Lannister. Link Tully. Link Dragmire (lawl).

Hmm. Let's go with Link Deschain. :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It's Link In Park. I thought everybody knew that. :right:

Aw, you beat me to it! :lol:

Other than that, I don't know what his last name would be. Maybe it's Christos, and I say that because I remember reading somewhere that Miyamoto was originally going to call Link "Christos" after(I believe it was) his grandfather.

Last edited:
It would make sense for Link to be a nickname, actually. I would like it better if all the Links decided to name them selves after the Hero of Time than just being named Link. That would just feel like a cop-out.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The characters in Zelda don't have last names, and that makes sense. With the Medieval sort of setting in it, that is. In that time setting, people didn't have last names. They'd just be called "So and so, the *job name*". So Link doesn't have a last name. However, I guess we could call him "Link, the Swordsman"! =D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Azure, Christos (I think it was just Chris) was Miyamoto's Godfather, just to clear that up :D

Zelda's last name must be Hyrule since in WW the King of RedLions full name is Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule who is actually the King of Hyrule. I do think people in Hyrule have last names, the game just doesn't say. As with Link, it depends on the game. Not every Link is the same person and we will never no his last name since in most games he is a orphan and the games never say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom