• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Say is the Funniest Moment in LoZ?

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I just noticed this one the other day during my third playthrough of TP. The first time you ever find Ooccoo in a pot and she introduces herself, when Link holds her up for the "you got an item" mini-scene, he has this "WTF" look on his face while looking at Ooccoo like he's holding something nasty. I wish I could find a screenshot of that to show you all.

Found one!
Picture6.png

TP has quite a few good funny moments (the cowardly knights, link and the mayor getting whipped by Ilia.) We get a lot more expressions out of Link, like this gem here lol

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I was looking all over for that screenshot. I mentioned that moment back on the first page. I Googled, but came up with nothing. Love the comic in your sig! Poor Link!

Here's one I just remembered...

When I played The Wind Waker - well, practically that whole game made me laugh.... it's just a great game, loads of funny moments. The splatting into the Tower of the Gods was mentioned. One of my favorite moments that hasn't been mentioned already...

When you go back to Outset Island mid-game or so, and you talk to the family who has Link the Pig. The little boys say "We used to have lots of pigs but they..."

And the mother says "They all ran away! Shh! Shh!"

And the other kid says "It was delicious!"

It's morbid humor, yes, but I love morbid humor. I also grew up in the country, the daughter of a butcher.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Thanks! I actually whipped up that comic the other night, after playing a bit of OoT. I found it strange that Link had zero reaction to being told by a shrub his true origins and then be told he has to save everyone, lol. Speaking of OoT, it may just be me and my dirty mind, but I cracked up when the Poe shop guy first meets link and says "If I looked as good as you, I could run a different kind of business" ;D

I actually got the screenshot from a Let's Play TP walkthrough on youtube. I hadn't caught that expression until you guys mentioned it, so I had to see for myself haha

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Well, Link's reactions are supposed to be your reactions - probably left all blank because, as the player, you're supposed to fill it in. I bet a lot of people had the kind of reaction as in your comic. Then there is the Ocarina of Time official manga - where Link doesn't find out who he is from the Deku Tree Sprout, but from Rauru and he's very surprised and sad-looking, asking "I'm a Hylian?"

The Link of Twilight Princess has a bit more in the ways of his own reactions to things in his game, I think. When he meets Oocca, I'm sure the look on his face pretty well expresses what his players are thinking. Certainly did for me!

Jmonkey71

Master of Monkeys
I have thought of another moment. When the Tower of the Gods was rising out of the ocean and Link just slams right into it as its rising. :)

M

Mighty Deku

my god im so happy to see other ST fans as i never saw other people referencing the DS zeldas

hmm, 'nother funny moment,

when midna first rides you she is always humiliating link, even in front of Zelda!
the look on his face!!!!!!!!D:

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I just started playing Wind Waker and am not very far into it, but I'm seeing why people think it's funny. A few moments that stand out to me so far:

- Link seeming so unhappy to receive the Hero's clothes. That seems so age-appropriate somehow.

- His reaction when he wakes up and the King of Red Lions is talking to him was hilarious. Also, the way the boat says "I am the only boat upon it who can speak the words of men." As if there are other sentient boats out there, but he is simply the only one who can talk.

- I laughed out loud when he caught a fairy in a bottle and you got a close-up of the bottle and the poor fairy had tears running down her face.

That's as far as I've gotten in this game, but I look forward to more details like that as I play more.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Oooo, February Eve, I just got WW also, but haven't started playing it yet. You're making me really want to procrastinate on my assignments and start it!

Anyway, I thought of another one after screwing around in TP the other day: Link's disappointed twitch face :xd:

Picture17.png

T

The Regalist

From Link's Awakening:
"You got Marin.
Is this your big chance?"

I mean he even holds her up in his hands. Links the man.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Ilia totally going bezerk on Mayor Bo and Link at the beginning of TP was hilarious.
Link and Bo's faces after her rant were /priceless/, I laughed so frickin' hard.
TP made me laugh a lot, because Midna and her cheeky comments to Link, especially when you first meet her. That moment when Wolf Link sees Zelda and growls, then shows herself, he gets all calm and Midna's reaction was really funny.

I also found a lot of moments in WW, PH and ST funny; so many it's hard to name them. :x

D

dangerouslink

lol when the postman in ph says that the letter from jolene should be juicy and jolenes sister letter should be saucy. i loled so hard

H

Hyrulianking

One of the most funny LoZ moments to me is in windwaker when you place the third pearl on the pedastal, and then link runs away, but it doesn't do anything so he goes back up to it, and it explodes and he goes flying roughly a million miles an hour through the air.

E

ErikPetrovich

I find the toilet guy in Majora's Mask to be hilarious! Anyone remember that?

It's a tie between Kotake and Komue fighting in OOT and in SS:

*pushes Link off Skyloft.... Mayor and Zelda watch him fall* "hey Zelda.... I think something's wrong..."

The funniest moment for me was in Skyward Sword when Link is falling and notices Groose is gonna land on him. His face is HILARIOUS!
35kshsh.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom