• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Would You Like to See in Zelda Wii U?

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
What would you like to see in zelda wii U? I would like to see a game that takes place right after Oot, but in the Downfall timeline.

Timeline wise? I guess i don't really care to be quite honest. The things I'm really hoping for are advanced modern realistic graphics, which are long overdue, and I [U]want magic to come back[/U] There really is no other way the monsters and dungeons can function so i guess i don't understand why they keep phasing magic out of Zelda.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Not sure about timeline. But I definitely want HD demo graphics, no magic meter, linearity, and either motion controls or Hidden Skills (or both).

Without launching into an epic yarn of the history of the world, I can lay down some suggestions. (Let's see if I can actually do this.)

- A gargantuan overworld designed less on ledges and more on realistic terrain
- Some optional hidden dungeons and dozens of caves akin to the ones in Twilight Princess
- Refined combat with consistent use of Skills and evasion to counter aggressive enemies
- A constantly-evolving story that, for once, isn't vague and contradictory to the timeline
- Nintendo to capitalize on its statement and incorporate non-linear dungeon order
- HD graphics similar to the ones in the demo (we've seen cel-shaded and watercolor graphics too much recently)
- Ganondorf who turns into classic Ganon at some point, with dialogue, trident, and everything
- Dozens of unique, enjoyable sidequests in line with the more creative ones from Majora's Mask
- Capitalization of the upgrade system from Skyward Sword - multiple shields, swords, and items to tweak and upgrade
- A massive bestiary of monsters, animals, and plants that describe them and add incentive to explore

And that's just about it. So far. Sounds like Zelda Wii U's going to incorporate much of what I'm looking for, so I'm excited.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
- Some optional hidden dungeons and dozens of caves akin to the ones in Twilight Princess
- Refined combat with consistent use of Skills and evasion to counter aggressive enemies
- A constantly-evolving story that, for once, isn't vague and contradictory to the timeline
- Nintendo to capitalize on its statement and incorporate non-linear dungeon order
- HD graphics similar to the ones in the demo (we've seen cel-shaded and watercolor graphics too much recently)
- Ganondorf who turns into classic Ganon at some point, with dialogue, trident, and everything
- Dozens of unique, enjoyable sidequests in line with the more creative ones from Majora's Mask
- Capitalization of the upgrade system from Skyward Sword - multiple shields, swords, and items to tweak and upgrade
- A massive bestiary of monsters, animals, and plants that describe them and add incentive to explore
Oh my goodness...v @ all of this.

I really cannot write anymore other than this: the terrain Zelda games have undertaken in recent years is largely unrealistic and leaves a "level" feel to everything. It's high time for the series to return to realistic geography, the kind which presents a "world" feel to the player, like a backyard playground.

Without launching into an epic yarn of the history of the world, I can lay down some suggestions. (Let's see if I can actually do this.)

And that's just about it. So far. Sounds like Zelda Wii U's going to incorporate much of what I'm looking for, so I'm excited.

I second Ven on agreeing with this, awesome list and i can't fault it, i've answered in so many 'what do you want from ZeldaU' threads and i've never seen a list this good, so i hope nintend are reading.

P.S LOVE the idea of hidden dungeons.

Z

Zelda-Obsessee

I want something with the HD graphics as shown in the Twilight Princess Tech demo. Sure Skyward Sword attracted a larger age group of gamers with it's colourful graphics but Legend of Zelda also got a lot of put down for such graphics. (Even thought I personally though the Skyward Sword graphics were beautiful.) Right now, all gamers seem to care about is graphics and not the set plot and story line (at least that's what I gather from a lot of my friends who can't appreciate a good game), all the finer details put into the game. I want a game that is a mix between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, something a little more colourful and not as dark but with the graphics we've seen in Twilight Princess and the Tech demo.

After having the Wii-U I see a lot of potential with the game pad but I'm really hoping they stick with the motion controls and keep the game to the Wii-mote and Nunchuck. Or perhaps have both, the gamepad being used for map and inventory purposes which leave all over more room on the screen but on the down side we would have a lot of things to be looking at. Some more detailed motion controls with the sword and shield for combat (like Skyward Sword when you had to aim where you swung the sword rather than just all out slashing randomly.)

As noted before, I would like the next Zelda game to not be as main quest set. So there are optional things to do besides the main quest. I guess what I mean is bigger side quests. Being able to play AFTER you have finished the game. There should be more activities to do besides fishing and racing Epona or a chance to finish more side quests that you hadn't done before. Saving at certain points inside dungeons and spawning there rather than the dungeon entrance, to save the time of back tracking.

I have a long long long list of things I would love to see in the next Zelda game (and it makes me sound really fussy! ><) but I'm quite happy with whatever Nintendo decides to do, as long as there is a new game out sooner rather than later as they seem to be taking and awful long time with bringing out more of their popular games.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
A linear, thought-full and interesting plot, that isn't ruined by Nintendo's attempt to go back to non-linearity. A big overworld and also some interesting item ideas, so they can sit in my pouch and do nothing! lol:devil::xd:

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
I hope to see the return of the song system (Ocarina tunes in OoT, Chords with the wind baton in WW). I really have missed that the past few games.

H

Hyrule's-Hero

I would want to have voice acting. Really, Zelda needs voice acting cause I'm tired of having those jitter and japs when the characters are moving their mouths. It would work out if they don't give the characters cheesy lines. They did that With Metroid other M and it worked out great. I also want to see blood. But not intense blood and gore like Mortal Kombat. I mean Blood like what you see in Uncharted. It's not a lot. And I want to see the Graphics that we saw on the tech demo. Except better. That would show the true power of the Wii U. And what about when we beat the game? There should be DLC's to expand on the story of the game and give players something to do. They should bring back the idea of Zelda Ura. Give fans hope. And there should also be a multiplayer feature. You can play as the different races of Hyrule and battle against each other. Something like Hyrule Total War. They should make the game less linear. It should be like Phantom Hourglass where you have to return to the Temple of the Ocean King multiple times. That would make it better. This is what I want to see in Zelda Wii U.

S

Seeker

What I would like to see well, here are my theories.

1. No voice acting, just horrible.
2. HD graphics kinda like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.
3. The Master Sword comes back.
4. The Ocarina of Time returns. "I really want the Ocarina of Time to come back because there hasn't been a Zelda game where you can use an instrument in awhile"
5. Ganondorf returns again for revenge on Link but this time it will be a brand new Link and mistakes this Link for the old one.
6. Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time side quests.
7. New improved Hyrule Castle Town and Hyrule Field.
8. Orchestrated music in Dungeons and on Over World themes.
9. The return of Epona, if areas are going to be big in the Wii U title then Link is going to need a horse to ride on.
10. Last but not least, The Temple of Time and Hyrule Castle.

I honestly think the game should be a reference to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, that would be pretty awesome. Or the game being another Ocarina of Time in general or something similar to those parts.

I'm not too sure how many people have had the chance to play the new Tomb Raider yet, but it has these spectacular optional tombs which are large rooms you can find hidden in caves around the island that contain huge, multi-step puzzles to complete. These would fit right into Zelda's style and make the overworld more fun to explore. Because personally, I hated SS's Hyrule and overworld. It just wasn't fun to roam around. The overworld needs to be more adventurous in Zelda U and I think having secret areas containing puzzles or mini-dungeons would be perfect.

I would like to see an how well Nintendo could make an economic change. You should be able to manage the kinds of rupees you carry in your wallet instead of one blue rupee counting as 5 spots it will only count as one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom