• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Like to See in Skyloft?

Djinn

and Tonic
I would like to see NPC text and reactions change throughout your adventure. Instead of what we have seen before where almost all but a very small few NPCs have only one statement they give you when you speak to them and then there is no more reason to ever communicate with them again for the rest of the game. I want the things they say, even the smaller nonsense comments that have little or no impact on the story at all to change depending on how far you have gotten through the game. Either by completing certain numbers of dungeons, hours of allotted gametime, or by finishing certain quests. I think it would be nice if they noticed subtle changes in Link as well, say if he were to be wearing a different tunic or have some other special magic item on his person someone would notice and mention it. Sort of how some NPCs would react to Link of OoT or MM depending on what mask he was wearing at the time. If you are supposed to return to Skyloft many times through the game I want there to be more reasons to go there other than to buy some more potions or pick up a quest item. I want the other mundane citizens to actually add more than another body to show that the place is populated.

A few more trading sequences would not hurt either, even if it only yields less useful or often pointless items. Trading something you found on the surface with a random NPC for something else entirely would at least add a slightly deeper element of gameplay. It would give the completionists a lot more to accomplish. Similar to the prize system of ST, most of the prizes did not help you on your quest at all, but it was a little something else you could collect if you wished to waste a little more time in the game.

Also, I would really like something about the Oocca of TP to be addressed. Even if only a single oocca appears somewhere in Skyloft I think it is worth mentioning. If we are to get an origin story for the Master Sword and possibly Hyrule itself, I would like at least a tiny amount of the strange strange mystery of the City in the Sky to be revealed. Are they tamed monsters, magical creations, cursed souls? Something should be said or at least shown in the background to be picked up by a more observant player.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I would like to see lots of mini games and side quests there. I love the idea of Skyloft and I hope it is like clock town with many rooms and shops. I hope it's not like Ordon because I found Ordon had no real side quests and was very boring. All in all Skyloft looks big and looks like a lot of fun things can go on there and I hope it does have a clock town feel to it.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
A variety of NPC interactions would be much appreciated :)
I would love characters that are believable and rich with emotions and some backstories, whether they be important characters or not, like MM's Clock Town. Along with that, I would also like a few mini-games here and there and plenty of exploration.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
A variety of NPC interactions would be much appreciated :)
I would love characters that are believable and rich with emotions and some backstories, whether they be important characters or not, like MM's Clock Town. Along with that, I would also like a few mini-games here and there and plenty of exploration.

My thoughts exactly. That would really add to the replay value AND the initial experience of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom