• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Like to see in future Zelda handhelds?

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
.....Okay, as the name implies; what would you like to see in future handheld Zeldas? Personally, I would enjoy it if you could ride on Epona again. You would use the stylus to move her like Link, only she would be considerably faster. I also wish they made an open over world like OoT or MM that you could ride Epona on freely unlike the rails in Spirit Tracks, but that's just my opinion. Please voice your opinions here.

Z

Zora X

I would like to see another 2d Zelda handheld Zelda game, but that seems likes it may never happen again. I just hope they don't end up like Spirit Tracks it's a good game but just doesnt feel like a Zelda type game. I just wanna see a fun, enjoyable, original, and memorable game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In the handheld games (DS-wise), I'd love to have control-pad gameplay. I know Zelda is somewhat about new tactics and such, but the game could've been fully compatible without a stylus. I'd also like to see NO technology, a game more similar to Ocarina of Time in terms of age (a drawbridge and a castle, magic, ghosts, and the like). I know OoT3DS is on its way, but other Zelda games should have the OoT feel in my opinion.

S

SummersFlare

2d handheld games are great, but if they do make another handheld zelda i hope they bring back the whip yet again. I LOVE THE WHIP! :D

I'd really like it if they did away with the central dungeon. I liked the Temple of the Ocean King, but after going through the monstrosity that is the Tower of Spirits, and how ridiculous it is, I'm really not interested in it anymore, especially since it seems like people like the Tower of Spirits more than the Temple of the Ocean King, so I don't want to have another repeat of it.

Another thing I'd like to see is to forget transportation, and that includes Epona. I always enjoyed running around Hyrule (Field, or Termina Field for Majora's Mask). I do it in OoT, MM, and TP, because I simply like going around and doing random stuff in them. I would like to see the exploration from the original Legend of Zelda, and the other classics, like AoL, ALttP, and LA to be incorporated into the newer handhelds.

W

wherestheblanke

I know it will never happen but I want another 2d zelda, I guess im not a fan of using the stylus to guide and fight with link.... Another game like the minish cap would be fantastic with all the sidequests ohh and the kingstone pieces :P that was brilliant

Im just excited about future handheld zeldas.
I mean, it'll literally be console zeldas coming out one after the other. We don't have to wait and be partially satisfied by handheld zeldas anymore, we will have an epic handheld zelda with amazing 3d effects and graphics, and then we'll have the console zelda which will be incredible. No more mediocre zeldas in between!!!

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Im just excited about future handheld zeldas.
I mean, it'll literally be console zeldas coming out one after the other. We don't have to wait and be partially satisfied by handheld zeldas anymore, we will have an epic handheld zelda with amazing 3d effects and graphics, and then we'll have the console zelda which will be incredible. No more mediocre zeldas in between!!!
I wouldn't say that handheld Zeldas have been mediocre; some of them are absolutely phenomenal. Others, however, are certainly less favourable in my eyes, but not enough to make me think of handheld Zeldas as just mediocre filler. My favourite 2D Zelda game is a handheld Zelda, LA. Most of the handhelds were great, but I'm not a huge fan of the DS games.

Now, this may sound a little frank, but I would like to see the return of the D-pad as a control mechanism. The only thing I really want to see the touch screen used for is item selection; some of the ways the stylus have felt like a step forward in technology, but almost a step backward in common sense.
I'm particularly critical of touch control, so don't blame me. I also want to see the return of more challenging game play, more sidequests, and less repetition. With some of the DS titles, it's felt like I've been playing the same segments of a game over and over again, with no difficulty changes.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I personally would like a change from Toon Link (not that I don't love him and all) and maybe an introduction of Twilight Princess Link of maybe Toon and TP Link together in the same game?

Pop 360

Angel Beats Geek
I think It should be an open world aswell, Because ST and PH were very similar to be honest and I would like a change in scenery if you know what I mean, also I think they should try to be more craetive with Items, I mean you need the classics such as the: Boomerand, bow and arrow and something like A clawshot or a grappling hook, or a whip, but In ST you hardly ever used the sand wand or thw windblower I Think you should use Itrems al the way throught the whole game not just use them for one temple or two If your pushing it.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Yes, I agree here with Pop saying that Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were incredibly similar in scenery. Also they were similar controls and items. New items and control systems would be new and exciting.

Something with more classic elements of gameplay, like Minish Cap and Oracle games, preferably with hand-drawn 2D graphics.

Now Wind Waker styled 2D graphics. That would be spectacular.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom