• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Would You Like to Be Changed or Added in Wind Waker HD

Or they could make underwater treasure hunting a game. That might get kind of annoying though.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
While tWW can be improved...it can't be fixed. You can lessen sailing and make it less boring, but it's too deep into the game to replace it completely or make it fun. The bosses are terrible and also can't be fixed...merely improved such as Molgera and the terrible music along with broken L-Target gameplay. You can make Nintendo Gallery less of a bore, but you can't make it enjoyable. You can make the Command Melody less annoying, but you can't make the partner system fun. I could go on, but you get the point. Overall, tWW was too original for its own good.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
While tWW can be improved...it can't be fixed. You can lessen sailing and make it less boring, but it's too deep into the game to replace it completely or make it fun. The bosses are terrible and also can't be fixed...merely improved such as Molgera and the terrible music along with broken L-Target gameplay. You can make Nintendo Gallery less of a bore, but you can't make it enjoyable. You can make the Command Melody less annoying, but you can't make the partner system fun. I could go on, but you get the point. Overall, tWW was too original for its own good.
That...isn't true at all. You CAN fix things in the game. Yeah, it won't be the same thing as it was before, but when you redo things to "fix" them (and believe me, this happens all the time with games. FFXIV even got a 2.0), it's almost like playing a second version; a repeat with better features. So, this won't be "TWWHD" if Nintendo did greenlight some (much needed) changes; it'd be "TWW2.0". And who wouldn't want that?

Sailing can be made fun, but it won't be the same thing as the original. So? Fixes can benefit the game.
Bosses aren't terrible; they've some bad AI is all. Easy to fix.
The L-Targeting wasn't broken in the slightest? It was EASY to use, but it wasn't /broken/! lol
I agree with you on Nintendo Gallery, though.
Command Melody can be fixed!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Sailing can be made fun, but it won't be the same thing as the original. So? Fixes can benefit the game.

Alright, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but right now it's sounding like you just mean replacing it. Like using the touch screen to fire off canons like we did in PH with much more enemies. This is better sure, and, if done right, it can be enjoyable...but you didn't fix the sailing. You just replaced it...sorta like how some people realize their cars can't be reasonably repaired at some point and simply replace them.

Bosses aren't terrible; they've some bad AI is all. Easy to fix.

AI wasn't the issue with bosses...that was the issue with enemies. To me, at least, it wasn't that the bosses were too easy...it was that they were too boring with the exception of Ganondorf and Gohdan.

The L-Targeting wasn't broken in the slightest? It was EASY to use, but it wasn't /broken/! lol

I wasn't talking about L-Targeting in general. In general, it worked...although, like its predecessors, there were times when it was an issue of targeting the right enemy. And MY problem in particular is that, rather than try to fix the issue, they made an entire boss built around it (Molgera). They turned an annoying broken bit of gameplay (switch to proper targets) into an even more annoying segment of battle.

Command Melody can be fixed!

Alright....I am curious...how would you fix command melody? Three rules. 1) Fixing means it's no longer an annoyance. 2) You can't replace it. That's different than fixing it. 3) You can't get rid of it. That's still not fixing it.

Personally, though, I would be content with option three, but I still found control the partners in general to be annoying even without it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
AI wasn't the issue with bosses...that was the issue with enemies. To me, at least, it wasn't that the bosses were too easy...it was that they were too boring with the exception of Ganondorf and Gohdan.

Eh? What's boring to you might be fun for someone else! What is engaging, exciting, and genuine fun to you as far as a boss is concerned? There are multiple elements that can make the bosses fun, but they're entirely too subjective because "fun" depends on the person. Still, I'd like to hear what YOU would do to make the bosses fun; I had a lto of fun with TWW's baddies.

I wasn't talking about L-Targeting in general. In general, it worked...although, like its predecessors, there were times when it was an issue of targeting the right enemy. And MY problem in particular is that, rather than try to fix the issue, they made an entire boss built around it (Molgera). They turned an annoying broken bit of gameplay (switch to proper targets) into an even more annoying segment of battle.

AH! Yes, I remember having problems with targeting the right enemy as well. It can get annoying as well, but it takes a bit of manual application to master; you have to (at times) physically face the foe that you want to target. It gets cumbersome in the heat of battle, and sometimes you wish the button would just work...but not everything goes in ya favor. Still, I see what you mean and do not disagree.

Alright....I am curious...how would you fix command melody? Three rules. 1) Fixing means it's no longer an annoyance. 2) You can't replace it. That's different than fixing it. 3) You can't get rid of it. That's still not fixing it.

Personally, though, I would be content with option three, but I still found control the partners in general to be annoying even without it.
Annoying is also subjective as well. I enjoyed the cm; others did not. What would I do to "fix" the melody? Well...to be honest, this would require one of two routes that I conjured thus far:

1) Change the level design of the temples that require it. This means a few ledges would have to be lowered or replaced entirely. This isn't me screwing with the melody, but what hte melody is used to solve. ;)

2) Give a "quick possession" option (which is entirely possible because touch pad). This would function exactly the same as switching to/from Zelda in Spirit Tracks, right down to being instantaneous.

Neither of the two things above remove the melody.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd like an orchestrated soundtrack, or at least an improvement on the original. By that I mean the quality of the instrument samples used and perhaps some live instruments not changes to the melodies themselves. I would like improved sound quality in general. ZREO uses a mix of live instruments and high quality midi samples and their stuff sounds amazing. I'd like to see that done for WW seeing as it has some of the best melodies in the series.

I'd like the names of the bosses to be displayed in their introduction or at least on the gamepad. In fact I think the gamepad should show enemy intel listing the names and a little info about each enemy after they have been encountered.

I'm unsure about the triforce fetch quest and what should be done there. I did dislike that segment of the game and the fact that two dungeons were cut due to time reasons, but replacing the quest with two new dungeons might change the game too much from what we are used to.

Improved animations during cutscenes and gameplay, faster frame rates.

That's about all I can think of for now.

The pictobox could be controlled with the six axis motions and you could have to look around and stuff.

I hope they don't make the bow have to be used with the six axis motion controls. They could also add some filler islands with little side quests and stuff, they should a lot more side quests because its a way of putting in additional content keeping it optional at the same time. Another optional dungeon would be cool too (kind of like the color dungeon in Links Awakening).

Last edited:
I agree with Ganonking that they should orchestrate the music, but they should make sure it doesn't sound too different just more realistic and refined. HD sound quality would be nice.

Alex

~TLoZ Veteran~
I honestly don't know, but i can't wait until this gets released, when it does i'm buying a Wii U. :) I've seen the pictures of the Windfall Island in HD and it's so beutiful... When i play it and it gets released ima be super mega duper happy lol. :D

Even thought i've completed this game like 3 times im still buying it just for the wonderful experience it will have. :D

I honestly don't know, but i can't wait until this gets released, when it does i'm buying a Wii U. :) I've seen the pictures of the Windfall Island in HD and it's so beutiful... When i play it and it gets released ima be super mega duper happy lol. :D

Even thought i've completed this game like 3 times im still buying it just for the wonderful experience it will have. :D
Even if its not perfect it will still be a really nice experience.

I hope they don't go too crazy with all the new Gamepad features. Some of them could be great but I really don't feel like using the six axis motion to aim the bow. Instead they could add a little target on the screen so it would be easier or maybe a little notch in the bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom