• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What would you like Link to have.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
You can ride Stal Horses and Bears. I did ride a bear on the Gerudo Highlands and he was wonky to control but enough patience it's doable. Also I rode a Stal Horse though after like 5 mins I think it breaks but my memory is fuzzy and I can't remember where it was. It was only a certain region you could get them. I went to register one and freaked the hell out of the stablemaster!

Oh and you can ride deer also in limited areas. I did more often then the bear. I think a sidequest is involved you riding a deer to Kass but it can only be a certain kind. I never did figure that one out.
I meant keep them at stables.

I want Link to be able to actually enter Gerudo Town without crossdressing after you calm Vah Naboris! Like come on dudes, I helped you out!
I also wish that you could ride the dragons. That would be mega cool.
How extensive do you think their 'preflight checklist' would be as their pilot?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Other weapon categories beyond one handed, two handed, and ranged. Dual swords and gauntlets/bare-handed would be pretty neat. I did appreciate how they were vague with one-handed by including magic rods and such, but that would be more of a stretch to include those other things under two-handed. Still, I think it would be pretty fun to have more varying movesets for Link. Upgrading bows from an item to a core weapon type was really cool, after all, so I'd expand on that even further.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Because he's Link. If there aren't some things that are consistent, then he won't be Link anymore. Without Link, it simply isn't Zelda.
Not really. There's nothing that says the Spirit of the Hero can't be reborn in someone other than Link. Or that they have to have a consistent gender, appearance, etc.

Nintendo doesn't care about continuity anyway, so they could just explain it away instead of coming up with a reason that makes sense for it.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Demise's Curse says it has to be link, actually.
"Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again. Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!" — Demise

Nothing that specifically says it has to be Link.

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
"Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again. Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!" — Demise

Nothing that specifically says it has to be Link.
Hm. Well, I guess Nintendo's not going to change something as sacred as Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom