• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What would you have wanted from the next new 3D overworld in Zelda?

It seems to be the case that Breath of the Wild 2 will be reusing the overworld we saw in the original Breath of the Wild.

If it does end up being true then I guess I'm a little disappointed. I was really looking forward to a wholly new 3D overworld in the 'open air' style of BotW.

What kind of 'open air' overworld would you liked to have seen from a wholly new 3D Zelda game?

Would you set it in any particular era of Zelda that we have seen before from the timeline?

Would you have set it during a peak period of Hyrule's golden age?

Would you have liked a more technological approach or something more fantastical?

Would you even have set the new overworld in Hyrule?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'd have it be similar to BotW but a few tweaks to try to incorporate past locations whether outright being present or simply being alluded to. Not like BotW where the names were simply references but the actual locations are or were there. I'd also get rid of that stupid ****ing gorge to the north and west. It serves no purpose. I'd just do it Skyrim style with roads and gates that do lead to neighboring kingdoms but we can't go for obvious reasons.

I would love for a “continent based” overworld. Like wind water but with 5 large landmasses between the oceans. You can travel by airship.

That's an interesting concept imo.

Sure, they'll reuse the same map but who says that they won't extend the same map even further? IIRC, the team had more issues with the physics engine (a reason why the developers needed that long for BotW) but now that they're using the same engine for the sequel, they sure can develop more on other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom